Chapter 3- An unexpected visitor

"What do the gods want this time?" Annabeth asked. "Well..." Chrion started

Percy's POV:

Just as Chiron was about to tell us what the Hades was going on. Someone just had to interrupt us. We heard a small cough and we turned around. Apollo was there, looking at us slightly amused and obviously waiting for us to start singing about his glory.

"Apollo, what are you doing here?" I said straight up. "Hello, Percy, Annabeth and Chiron!" he said ignoring me. "Fancy seeing you here" he continued causally. "Well, you just came here to ask us something so it's not like a surprise or anything" I countered. "Aw, how do you know that I didn't just come here to say hello to my favorite heroes?" he said cheerfully flashing us a brilliant smile. "That would be a first" I muttered under my breath. 

"But anyway, yes I do need something, quite important" he stated. "Is this something to do with the quest that Chiron was about to tell us?" Annabeth asked. "As a matter of fact, yes" Apollo said cheerfully " And I decided to come ask you myself since I'm a very thoughtful god" "Um thank you? I guess" I said, confused on what was happening. 

~~~Time Skip ~~~

"Wait, so let me get this straight. You want us to go looking all over the world for a notebook full of your poetry that you just lost?!" I exclaimed. "Well, if you put that way then yeah I guess" Apollo said. "But, Lord Apollo, with all due respect but can't you just snap your fingers and find it?" Annabeth asked curiously. "Ahh, my dear child, alas I can't. A god can only do that when they know where the object is, I have absolutely no clue." "Great" I muttered unenthusiastically.  "Do we have to get a prophecy?" I asked louder. "Nah it's fine its only a small quest after all" Apollo responded. "Ooo Ooo, do you want me to make up a haiku instead! Ok wait.. ahem...  

Three demigods...  No wait that's 4... umm.. oh! I think I got it!

To find what is lost

A haiku is what you need

From the amazing Apo-

"Apollo" Annabeth said slightly annoyed that we're getting of topic. "Yes! How did you know? I was just about to say that!" "First of all the last line is already 5 syllables so if you add Apollo in then it's 8. Second of all since you're the god of the prophecy can you at least tell us the deadline to search for the book?"  Annabeth said straight to the point. "Oh well, I think you got a couple of weeks maybe even a month but I need to have that book before a poetry competition which is in exactly a month and a day. Since it's a small quest I doubt that it will take you long however."

"Small quest?! What do you mean small quest?! We can get killed the moment we step outside of Camp half blood!" I said angrily "Oh, I'm sure you'll manage" Apollo said starting to look a bit uncomfortable. "Oh well you'll look at the time!" he said looking at his wrist with no visible watch on "I have to get going, uhh bye!" And with that he disappeared. 

"So... what now?" I ask. "You both must decide who will be your third person in the quest" Chiron spoke for the first time since Apollo came.  "We have to chose wisely, we can't just bring anyone with us" Annabeth stated. 

Suddenly someone else barged in to the Big House. "Greetings ladies and gentlemen and Centaurs! Mr Mc-Shizzle bad boy supreme is here! At your service" Leo said adding a wink to Annabeth at the last part. "Wow, for a second I thought Zeus came in. You both are amazing at being dramatic" I said my voice full of sarcasm, but I couldn't keep a serious face so I burst out laughing soon after.  Thunder rumbled for a few seconds. Seems like old drama queen feels like he might have an adversary at his title for Drama queen.

"I heard that you need an amazing Mc-Shizzle for a quest" Leo proclaimed.  "What?! How did you know? We just found out" Annabeth asked bewildered gesturing to me and herself. "I have my ways" he said smugly. "I'm bored staying at camp and I need some adventure, plus you'll need a mode of transport won't you?" he said with a mischievous smile. Annabeth and I looked at each other and shrugged "Sure" we both said in unison. 

"Great" Chiron said interrupting our conversation. "Since you only have a month to find the notebook, you guys better start packing. You'll leave tomorrow at midday."

A/N:

Hey Booklovers!

How are y'all? If you read my most recent announcement you probably realized that I'm going to start using y'all lot more now! lol 

Anyways, sorry for the yet again late update, I think I should have updated yesterday if I was following my schedule but of course I forgot lol 😅 (please don't kill me!)

I'm finally getting into the more action kinda bits so stay tuned for some fun! 

Also I just wanted to mention and say sorry for making Apollo seem really arrogant, kind of person (or god to be precise 😆) I actually like Apollo a lot but I needed a god to have lost something for the plot and Apollo seemed fit. So sorry again for that, in my next stories however he will be more like the books Apollo, he might even change personality throughout this book! I have absolutely no clue so no promises. 

Ah, and if you noticed that Percy is also out of character by being a bit angry. Don't worry he's not going to stay like that forever. I think I probably was just in a bad mood writing that part and I couldn't be bother to change it! lol

And... yep, I think that's it for this very long a/n.  Please vote and comment below! I would love to listen to your thoughts so far about the book.

Stay safe guys!

~sweet_bookishtiger