Chapter 6- We start our adventure!

Percy's Pov:

"Leooooooo! Get up here!!" Annabeth yelled. "Coming, coming!" I could barely hear Leo yell back across the whole of camp. He was still near Cabin 9 carrying his bag of belongings. While Wise girl and I are at Half blood hill. We were both facing camp side by side with our backpacks behind us. It was 12 o'clock and the sun was shining down on Camp Half Blood. There was lots of new campers training in the arena, and if you squint hard enough you might just see Chiron and some Apollo campers teach other new kids archery.

 "Where's Festus?" I wonder out loud "He should be here by now" Annabeth agreed "He probably will come when Leo arrives" she continues.  I nod. Leo will call him if he doesn't come soon. I turn towards her "Annabeth" I say seriously. I've been thinking about this for a long time and I needed her reassurance. She turned towards me looking at me curiously wondering what I needed to say. I sigh and begin to talk.

"I thought that after the two wars with Gaia and Chronos. I -I hoped that we could go to Camp Jupiter and go to the university there... but I'm not so sure now. What if this is bigger than we thought? What if this isn't a small quest and we get involved in another war? What if one of us doesn't make it? What if..." I trialed off, I feel stupid saying this. I'm just jumping to conclusions, we haven't even started the quest and I'm worried that there might be another war. Pfft, I'm just overreacting... 'but still', a little voice, only a whisper, lingered in my head. 'But still' it said 'What if I'm right? After all I'm not lucky enough to just go on a simple quest and get it over and done with... Right?'

"Oh Seaweed brain!" Annabeth interrupts my train of thoughts "You know it's just a short quest. There won't be another war. We'll go to Camp Jupiter and we'll study together! And nothing is going to happened to either of us or our friends, I'll make sure of that. And if something does I will personally make a visit to the Fates and make sure that everything will go back to normal and that they won't even think of hurting us again" she said smiling, her beautiful grey eyes sparkling in the sun. "Huh, it almost looks like you made a list with the exact tortures for any monster coming our way!" I say grinning, my worries disappearing. Annabeth laughs "Thanks Wise girl, I really mean it. You always know what to say and do to make me feel better" I smile "Well, what can I say! Athena always has a plan!" she simply responds.

"Ahem! So, when exactly are you guys going to stop talking about philosophy or something because I can always come back later!" We both turn our heads. "Leo! How did you sneak up on?!" We both exclaim in unison. He just gives his trademark mischievous smirk. "Come on we need to go now! It's already 12 o'clock. We need to get moving!" Annabeth says going back to business.  "Fine" Leo huffs. He turns around a makes a weird call, kind of like a wrench clanging against a pipe. But soon enough we feel the air around us move and then we hear the flapping of mechanical wings. "Festus!" Leo says happily greeting the dragon. "Hey buddy,  did you have a good day so far?" he murmured as he pats the dragon's snout. Festus nudges him, "Alright, alright" Leo says again to Festus. He turns to us, blows a whistle (where in Hades did he get that? I don't know)  and unnecessarily screams at us "Come on everyone! All aboard!" Annabeth and I share a look, smiling. This will be new adventure!

We clamber on the dragon's back with our backpacks on our backs. (wow, that was a mouthful!) First Leo, then me and lastly Annabeth holding onto my waist. "Let's goooooo!" Leo and I shout. I can almost see Annabeth behind me roll her eyes. Festus flaps his huge wings and lifts off. We circle around camp once and then Festus starts flying away from camp.

A/N:

Hello... *guilty waves*

Hehe, uhh.  Well... technically I am exactly a week from my last update so I didn't really update late, did I? 😅

... Okay, okay. Fine, I wasn't following my Monday/Tuesday schedule but I was really busy! I had a whole essay due and lot's of maths. So I hope my excuse is enough and that my chapter makes up for it. 😅 

Anyways, I hope you guys liked the new chapter! And I already started the next chapter so hopefully I will be able to update sooner next week.

Ok, that's all from me for now! Please vote and comment if you enjoyed it! 

Have a great day, booklovers 😊

~sweet_bookishtiger