Chapter 10- What are you doing here??

Leo's Pov:

We had stopped our journey for a while now, we were all tired and sleepy. It's dark and the moon in up, it's a full moon so at least we can see what's in front of us. The stars are hidden from clouds that are, well, clouding the sky. The moon sometimes disappears when the clouds gather together. We are at the outskirts of the creepy forest and decided to stop for the day. We still had no idea where Apollo's notebook might be and we're running out of time. For all we know, it might be in Egypt! I sigh in frustration.

Percy left me and Annabeth here with Festus while he went out to the city to collect some food, even though just a day has passed since we left camp, we need some more supplies. I think he also went to get some sleeping bags from the shops, because it is so cold! I look around the clearing that we decided to settle down for the night. It wasn't that big, it had some logs in a circular formation and in the middle there was a perfect place to light a fire. However it seems like it hadn't been used for a long time. This is a great place to stop for the night because behind us is the forest while in front of us is a huge tree with branches and drooping leaves that hang over us, like curtains. Past the curtains there is an abandoned part of the city, so there isn't much threat of being found here. 

After 15 minutes of freezing temperatures, I shiver again for the twentieth time my teeth chattering, so I decide to do something about the cold. I light up my hand and warm myself. Ah! This is so much better! I offer some fire to Annabeth but she declines. She's by herself, a couple  of meters away from me, sitting crossed legged on the dusty floor, using a stick to draw on the ground. Probably some boring battle strategies or architecture plans, she never gets tired of those stuff. I honestly don't understand what's so interesting about it, in a battle just improvise! And if you have to build something... just improvise! It's much more fun! Oh well, she's missing out.

I extinguish the fire from my hand when I think of a better idea, I stand up. Annabeth ignores me and keeps doing her own stuff. I collect some sticks and branches from the floor, the ground is littered by them because of the storm. At least something good came out of the tantrum from Zeus. I collect a handful and dump them in the middle of our "camping area" I light my hand again and throw a fire ball towards the center of the wood. Poof! Light suddenly lights up the clearing. The fire starts blazing and roaring, I can finally feel my toes!

Annabeth looks up from the 'poof' sound and sees what I did. She opens her mouth to say something but closes it just as quickly. I thought she was going to protest and tell me to extinguish it. Apparently not, I wonder what's up with her, she hasn't spoken in a while. She has her wondering face on, she's probably thinking about something complicated and boring, like algebra. 

I get bored so I take my phone out of my pocket. I see I have a 12 text messages from Jack. I smile to myself. 

Leo's phone:

Leo:

Hey!

Sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner!

How are U?

I'm good, tired but good

Oh and btw

I'm the better spammer 😎😏

Leo's Pov:

"No reply" I sigh out loud. Annabeth looks up sharply. "What are you talking about?"

"Uh, nothing!" I say quickly... too quickly, I realize. I hide my phone behind my back and slip it in my pocket. I hope she didn't see me using it before.

"Hmm" Annabeth frowns, I can see she's pondering whether she should press the matter or let it go. She stays silent for a second and then says "Okayyy, then" she looks at me suspiciously and then goes back to her architecture drawings.