Armani's Vents: Craving for my Human Dignity

A/N:
***Based on the book of Habakkuk, Lamentations, and Esther 4:14 NLT***

"Who knows if perhaps you were made queen for just such a time as this?" (Esther 4:14b, NLT)

Armani's new outfit

Armani's new outfit

Yahweh, hear my lament -
Or should I say, hear my vent.
I'm seeing that it's so challenging for me to balance being a queen and a human.
All I did was acknowledge that I was overwhelmed and tired -
Tired of me going through a pattern of being unbothered one day and bothered the next.
I even prayed to you that my former friend will find it in his heart to recognize his wrongs, hold himself accountable, come back to me as a man and make amends,
And for him to get into a healing process -
I even believed that it'll take him reaping what he's sown in order for him to find it in his heart to right his wrongs, come back to me, and make amends - and yet -

Did you see that Karen who had the audacity to tell me that I "shouldn't have any problems" -
All because I'm a black woman?
The disrespect! Of course, I ain't believed those hurtful things she said!
I just felt disrespected - as a human being!
When are folks ever gonna gain some empathy about why this "strong black woman thing" - is exhausting??

Yah, I'm aware that almost every sista know what it's like to face those who disregard our human dignity -
But how long will people GET AWAY with disregarding our human dignities?

Oh, Yah, please don't let that internet Karen be in any mindfulness community with that negative energy she tried to bring me!
We both know she lacks empathy -
Empathy about the fact that sistas being queens and Healing Girls come with lots of difficulties!
We both know it's challenging for us sistas to remain queens in such times like this!

A/N:
Hey, beautiful queens! How was your day?

What do you think of this poem here? Did this poem make you think of the book of Habakkuk and the book of Lamentations in this poem?

This poem here is an example of the right way to cope with trauma and depressive moods.

I pray that this poem will motivate us into venting to God whenever we're in a position of feeling bothered.
Shalom 🙏🏽!