the big escape

You woke up to the same ceiling-still blank, rotting, and plain out disgusting. You were getting sick and tired of the portrait, but every day, you reminded yourself this was only for a bit longer.

It's been four days since you had last spoken to Annie. Today was Tuesday, not very far from the big day.

Over the week, nothing had changed the usual cycle over and over. You would eat the garbage food. Occasionally Armin would bring you something decent.

You then would shower still with the supervision of your monitor. Last you would sleep when you weren't. You would tend to get deep into your thoughts, most revolving around the giant escape.

You were worried about the result. As much as you tried to keep positive, it was hard.

You glance over to see Armin. He was sitting in his usual chair in front of your cell. This time he was reading a book. You watched as his eyes were fixated on the book moving side to side, reading the words.

He looked very calm; sort of a relieved expression laid on his face. Maybe he enjoyed reading. He glances up from the book, meeting your stares.

Catching you off guard, you quickly break the eye contact, trying to play it off before focusing your attention on the ceiling.

He says nothing coming back to his book, flipping the page. You are still watching the ceiling, your boredom growing. The thing you hated the most was how fucking boring it was.

How you could do nothing but sit in a rotting cell all day, every day. You glance back to Armin, debating on sparking a conversation.

You do so, interrupting the blonde. "What are you reading?"

The man closes the book flipping the cover to your view. You observed the book nodding in response.

"You want to read it?" Armin asks, setting the book onto his lap.

"I mean not particularly but maybe since I am bored." You reply, standing up walking toward the bars of the cell.

You stick your hand through the cell, grabbing the book from the man's hand. "Thank you." You reply, slipping your arm back inside.

You plop back down onto the mattress, opening the first page, and begin reading.

Eren's pov...

"Toss me the rope," Annie yells, unzipping the black duffle bag.

"Here," I say, throwing it toward her. It was almost Friday. Me and Annie were getting shit together.

It's been stressful. The preparations for breaking you out were a fucking pain in my ass, but it needed to be done.

I did everything Annie had told me to do, starting with the fake identities. It was a process and a lot of money, but it's perfect.

Second I booked our flight just you and me. A private jet heading straight to Paris, France, everything was falling into place in those departments.

The only thing Annie and I had to worry about now was busting you out. I knew with Annie's help, everything would be perfect, but I did have my fears.

I fucking needed to get you out. There was no way I was going to let you sit in there any longer. I need you here with me, and everything will be alright.

"Crowbar," Annie points, interrupting the thoughts.

I grab the crowbar tossing it to Annie her quickly catching and slipping it inside the bag.

"You nervous?" She asks.

"No shit, I'm fucking nervous this could go so wrong," I reply.

"It's not we know the map we got the shit we have a plan. If shit goes down, then oh well, looks like we weren't good enough!" Annie chuckles slightly at her last statement.