Chapter 1

Cover by MarinkadeMeutter

Riley Matthews looked at the pictures around her college dorm while she was slowly moving around and packing things up. She could barely believe that she was now in her last year of college as a Law student while her best friend went ahead and skipped college all together.

"Leigh, Leigh, Leigh," Riley heard a little voice calling her way as she saw a blonde haired boy coming her way.

"Hey, Baby Gray," Riley said picking up the toddler as she saw how her best friend came her way.

When Maya was 18 she and Josh had gotten married and coincidentally the next year they found out Maya was pregnant with a baby boy who they had called Grayson Gabriel. Maya smiled at Riley as she went into the dorm while sitting down.

"Hi, Riley. How is everything over here?" Maya asked as Riley had smiled.

"Good. So far. Don't know for how long but I'll see. Things are just absolutely crazy at the moment. My mother is also saying that Auggie is impossible? Don't know. But I'm good," Riley said as she saw her phone ringing.

She looked at it recognizing the number. She exhaled as she gave Grayson over to Maya while she answered the call.

"Luke, hi," Riley said as Maya looked at her.

"Hey, how are you? Long time," Lucas said as Riley could hear the awkwardness in his voice.

"I'm good. Everything okay?" Riley asked as Lucas cleared his voice.

"Yeah, I'm in NYC and was wondering if I could maybe see you? I know it has to be difficult but I was just hoping..."

"Of course we can see each other. Let me go over my schedule and I'll message you," Riley said.

"Okay, talk later. Bye," Lucas said ending the call.

"Apparently my ex wants to see me. Strange," Riley said.