Chapter 4

Riley had looked at Maya and Josh while she saw as Grayson was sitting on the ground. She hadn't revealed much, or anything, about her date with Lucas and she thought that was the best thing at the moment. Especially with Maya's pregnancy and all. But Riley had constantly thought back of when she and Lucas were together. They did love one another and even went as far as to discuss kids of their own and what they wanted in life. They just never managed to get past talking.

"Riley, where is your mind at?" Josh had asked his niece while Riley looked at him.

"All over, kind of. I'm just thinking back of when we had managed to actually live our lives at its fullest. I never told you guys this, but me and Lucas had spoken about kids, before he and I had broken up. Thinking back that was probably the cause of our breakup back then," Riley said.

"When you were 17? You guys were young then. Look at us. Me and Maya got married when she was 18. Even that was young. And we found out just before she turned 20 about Grayson. Look at us now. He is a year old. We are 22 and 25 and little Skylar is on her way. Things change over the years, Niece," Josh said as Riley had nodded.

"Why don't you speak about your date last week?" Maya asked as Riley looked at her 'aunt'.

"Because it's better that way," Riley said.