II. THE BODY IN THE LIBRARY

THE BODY IN THE LIBRARY!

SEPTEMBER 1977

6th Year

• • • •

"What I feel is that if one has got to have a murder actually happening in one's house, one might as well enjoy it, if you know what I mean." - Agatha Christie, The Body in the Library

Leah Sherlock let out a sigh as she sat down next to Claudia the Ravenclaw table, Felix, Warren and Emily sitting across from them.

"Have I gone crazy, or is Leah Sherlock actually late to breakfast?" Felix asked with a smirk, making the girl purse her lips and glare at the Gryffindor.

"Flitwick wanted to talk to her." Claudia explained.

"What did he want?" Warren questioned.

"He was just telling me something about not making first years cry," Leah rolled her eyes, "It was either that or something about a jelly supply."

"How do you mix those two up?" Warren raised an eyebrow.

"You weren't listening, were you?" Emily asked knowingly.

"It wasn't interesting enough for me to listen," Leah shrugged, "I have to attain a lot of information and the feelings of first years aren't important enough for me to remember. Neither is Professor Flitwick's seemingly profound love for jelly."

"And you already made three first years cry last night." Claudia added.

"They shouldn't have asked me the question if they didn't want to know the answer." Leah said.

"What question did they ask?" Felix wondered.

Leah went to answer the boy, only for Claudia to hold out her hand, silencing her friend, "I don't want to hear your answer again."

The dark-haired Ravenclaw rolled her eyes, turning to Felix, "I'll tell you later."

"Um, excuse me, Leah?" A timid voice asked behind the said girl, making the group turn to see a fifth year Slytherin standing behind them.

"Yes?"

"Um, I know it's only the first day, but I need your help." The girl told her.

A small smirk made it's way onto her face, "I'm guessing this is about your boyfriend. Tall, cocky, blonde Slytherin in my year?"