IX. THE GREAT GAME

THE GREAT GAME!

NOVEMBER 1977

6th Year

• • • •

"You do see, you just don't observe" - Sherlock Holmes, The Great Game (Sherlock, S1, E3)

Leah Sherlock was never one to ask for help, only consultancy.

"And the conclusion?" Leah asked as she was stood by the door of the long-abandoned Greenhouse H.

"I will know once the sprigs have soaked in the potion for a minute." Maxwell Hooper said as he placed a valerian sprig into the steaming potion.

The Ravenclaw girl narrowed her eyes, cocking her head, "Have you done something different with your hair?" She asked, "It looks... neater."

"I styled it this morning," Maxwell nervously shrugged, "Thought it might look nice."

Leah hummed, fiddling with the leaves on a nearby plant near you.

"Um, I-I was wondering," The Hufflepuff stuttered out, "I-If you'd like to get a drink."

"Some water would be great right now," Leah hummed, as the boy's watch beeped, "Minute's up. Results?" She asked, turning to him expectantly.

"R-Right," Maxwell nodded, face flushed red as he grabbed a pair of tweezers, retrieving the sprig from the cauldron, "Okay."

"This is where you tell me." Leah elaborated.

"Right, definitely Draught of Living Death."

"Leah!" Claudia exclaimed, entering the Greenhouse.

The girl in question raised an eyebrow, "Ah! Watson! I was right. Idiotic and jealous girl tried to slip Draught of Living Death into her ex's new girlfriend's pumpkin juice. I'm sure we can find a way to keep our mouths shut if we talk to her. Honestly, people are so boring and predictable," Leah smirked triumphantly, freezing once she saw the look on her companion's face, "What?"

"Professor McGonagall wants to speak to you." Claudia told her.

A sigh left Leah's lips, "Again?"

___

Leah sat across from Professor McGonagall as the woman finished marking an essay in front of her, the student sighing and tapping her fingers impatiently against the arms of the chair that she was sat in.