X. ENDLESS NIGHT

ENDLESS NIGHT!

DECEMBER 1977

6th Year

• • • •

"Some are born to sweet delight, Some are born to endless night." - Agatha Christie, Endless Night

Leah Sherlock got bored very easily.

And with a halt put to her most exciting case in years, she was incredibly bored.

"Leah, would you please stop your incessant tapping?" Warren begged the girl.

Leah raised an eyebrow at the boy from the other side of the Ravenclaw table, "That's a big word, Warren. Where'd you learn that?"

"Okay, no need to be mean." Claudia sighed, jotting a few things down in her notebook.

"How much have we made this month?" Felix asked, his mouth still full with his lunch.

"Okay, say it, don't spray it." Warren groaned, wiping off the crumbs of Felix's sandwich that had landed in front of him.

Felix rolled his eyes, "Shut up."

"Well, we've made twenty-five galleons in the past week alone." Claudia said.

"Really?" Emily asked.

"December's an easy month for us," Leah shrugged, "People are always wanting to find out what someone else got them for Christmas. They simply can't use their heads."

"We're reaching one hundred galleons for December so far." Claudia added up, slipping her notebook back into her robes.

"We're only a week and a half into the month." Emily said.

Claudia shrugged, "It's like Leah said. December's an easy month."

"Has anyone's Head of House given them a lecture lately for taking money off of students?" Warren asked.

Emily shook her head, "Professor Sprout actually used us to find out what Madam Pomfrey's getting her for Christmas."

"No way." Felix laughed.

Warren nodded with a chuckle, "The teachers use us just as much as our classmates. Isn't Kettleburn on the waiting list."

"Every year," Claudia nodded with a chuckle, "Even though Binns gets him the same thing every year."