III. THE MAN WITH THE WATCH

THE MAN WITH THE WATCH!

SEPTEMBER 1977

6th Year

• • • •

"At five o'clock on the evening of the 18th of March in the year already mentioned a train left Euston Station for Manchester. It was a rainy, squally day, which grew wilder as it progressed, so it was by no means the weather in which anyone would travel who was not driven to do so by necessity." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, The Man with the Watches

Leah Sherlock was sat alone in the library, letting out a frustrated sigh as she did her Transfiguration homework when someone cleared their throat.

Glancing up, Leah sighed, "You're not a potential client, so what do you want?"

Remus chuckled slightly, gesturing to the empty seat across from her, "I was wondering if I could sit."

"No one's stopping you." Leah remarked, not taking her eyes away from her work.

"So I can sit?"

Leah looked up and raised an eyebrow at him, "Wasn't it obvious?"

Remus laughed awkwardly, before sitting in the vacant seat.

"How was your holiday?" Leah hummed, still not looking up from her work, as Remus was taking out his work, "Spain is always lovely in the Summer."

Remus stared at her, "H-How'd you-?"

"Your wrist," Leah told him, nodding at it, "There's a tan line from a watch."

"You knew I went to Spain from a tan line?"

Leah scoffed, "Of course not. The copy of Lazarillo de Tormes is an original Spanish copy. One you can only get in Spain."

Remus looked between his bag and the girl in front of him, "It is?"

"Of course it is," The Ravenclaw nodded, "Anyone with half a brain can deduce that from one look."

Remus stared at her, "That's amazing."

Leah cocked an eyebrow, "Really?"

"I've seen you do that before. But in much more detail," Remus said, "Your genius is truly amazing."