Hindering Heart

Summary: Ricky and Nini have been through a lot to get to where they were. After getting hitched and having their first child, they figured it was only up from this point on. But what happens when someone from Ricky's past decides to pay a visit?

*Rini fluff/smut/angst*

This takes place in the Taboo Rendezvous universe! I missed this au a lot and wanted to squeeze this one in. Y'all ain't ready for this lol. This takes place roughly 7 years after "This I Promise You,"  enjoy!

WARNING: KINKY SMUT!

************************************************

Nini tries her best to twist the key into her front door while carrying a bunch of grocery bags. She had too much pride to do a double trip, so she just put everything on one arm. When she finally gets the door unlocked, she practically kicks it open as if she were the FBI.

The door crashed against the door stopper rather loudly, yet it didn't seem to catch anyone in the large home's attention. She was confused why no one had greeted her until she heard the sound of Injustice 2 playing on their living room TV.

"Guys, I'm home!"

She doesn't hear the sound of them moving from the couch, which didn't shock her. She wasn't even sure they noticed she was there. She rolls her eyes and sets all the groceries on the kitchen counter. She peeks over at the two people she loves the most and couldn't help but smile despite them ignoring her.

Ricky and Auggie had a very close relationship considering they ended up sharing a lot of the same things in common, one of them being video games. Auggie was always more of a fan of his dad since he was the more tame one, but that didn't mean he didn't love his mom.

Auggie was now 7 going on 8 soon. He was rowdy and unpredictable much like his parents and was very straightforward like Nini. He was abnormally intelligent and adored mythology, but they weren't sure where the fascination with mythology came from since neither of them bothered to willingly glance into Greek mythology when they were his age. But they weren't all that surprised their kid turned out to be an oddball since they weren't too ordinary themselves. The parents like to joke and call him the real-life Jimmy Neutron.

Ricky groans loudly when Auggie's persona hits him. "Dang kiddo, that's the fifth time you've done that to me in this round! Let me breathe!"

Auggie smirks. "Did Achilles show Hector mercy?"

Ricky's face scrunched up in confusion. "What? God, I gotta stop letting you read that Greek stuff."

Right as Ricky finishes his sentence, Auggie kills his opponent with a final move as Ricky mouth gapes in shock. Auggie shot up from the couch and did a victory dance.

"Ha! In your face, old man!"

"I demand a rematch!"

Auggie gave him a smug look as he rested his hands on his hips.

"Did Hercules ask for a rematch when-"

Ricky didn't let him finish whatever comparison he was about to make as he picked him up and spun him around. Auggie began squirming and giggling as he swung around while Ricky smiled brightly.

Nini couldn't help the chuckle that came out of her mouth. Suddenly, she felt paws jump onto her thigh and smiled when she glimpsed down to see their dog, Apollo. Yes, named after that Apollo. Yes, Auggie was the one who named him since it was his dog.

She reached down to pet the Jindo. "You're the only one who has noticed me, Apollo." The dog wags its tail and licks her leg. The dog hops down and runs to another room.