Just the Two of Us

Summary: Ricky and Nini had been through a lot ever since she quit her job at the New Yorker to be with him. She doesn't regret a thing; however, she's starting to think he did.

*Rini Fluff*

Please read this A/N: If you read my a/n on the latest chapter of My One and Only, you can skip this. Please do not comment about anything related to s3 since the show triggers my depression. I'm not curious what happened, and I don't intend to ever watch it. If I see any, I'll delete them. If I notice you're doing it out of spite, I'll block you. Thanks for understanding.

Thanks to @elloimweird for giving me this idea!

This takes place two years after the events in the "Only a Matter of Time" universe. Enjoy!

*************************************************

Nini never realized she wasn't happy with her life until she started dating Ricky. Working at the New Yorker for so long numbed her to her own and others' feelings, the ability to empathize, and from genuinely pursuing other people. She used to think that was completely normal and acceptable to act that way, but she thankfully realized the error of her ways.

After she quit that awful job as a tabloid, she went on a job search for another writing occupation. She loved writing way too much to stop; this time she'd make sure whatever or whoever she's writing about is fully aware she's writing about them and will ensure it's not written to tear them down. It took her a while to find a journalist job since most of the decent ones were snatched up, but she didn't quit searching.

Ricky offered to help her find one and paid for any of the bills she couldn't afford at the moment despite her protests. She denied his offer since she felt the job would feel like it was given to her for all the wrong reasons. If she was going to be a kickass journalist, she was going to get the job the right way. She luckily was able to get an interview a month into her job search and scored the position as a journalist for the Travel Leisure Magazine. She was now going to write articles about the best hotels, excursions, restaurants, and things to do around the rambunctious city of New York.

She loved her new job since it didn't involve talking garbage about anyone. All she had to do was write intriguing articles to captivate travelers or locals who just want to see the best parts of the Big Apple. When she was settled in her job and her finances were back in order, Ricky asked her to move in with him.

At first, she declined since it had only been two years since they've been together. She also thought he sprung that on her randomly since he'd given no signs of wanting her to move in with him. After another two months went by, she decided to take him up on his offer. She didn't enjoy living alone in her one bedroom, lonely apartment anymore. She wouldn't have minded it three years ago, but now it feels like a loveless space since Ricky wasn't in it. Frankly, the apartment wasn't even nice enough for what it costs like most New York apartments. At least Ricky's mortgage made sense considering its size and quality.

Ricky was thrilled about the news of her moving in and immediately made room for her. He hired professional movers to move her belongings for her so she didn't have to lift a pretty little finger. She didn't try to reject that offer since she was dreading moving all her stuff anyway, but usually she puts up a fight when he pays for her when he doesn't need to. Ricky tried to convince her she didn't have to pay for anything while she stayed with him, but she insisted since she felt it was wrong and like she was mooching off him.

Settling in with Ricky was a little weird the first few months since neither had lived with someone else in a long time. They had different ways of doing dishes, cleaning bathrooms, making up the bed, and other house duties. Some of these differences caused small fights between the pair that always ended with them either fixing it or postponing their resolution to when they were more calm. They eventually got on the same page and were now fully content with their living situation.