────── twenty-seven

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

═══ THE ART OF LETTING GO ═══

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

FOOD WAS PILED ON THE DINNER TABLE by the time Akiko arrived at the Sano residence. It was Draken who had opened the door to let her in. The tall blonde was practically a part of the family. He was like a brother to Mikey, even more than that. As everyone claimed, especially Takemichi, Draken was Mikey's heart. Akiko was saddened by the fact that they hadn't interacted much, yet he had still shown up for her.

"Hey," she greeted him and gave a timid smile. "How have you been?"

"I should be the one asking you that," Draken retorted, frowning. "You lost two people. Even if Hoshino was a monster, you still grew up believing he was your father. And Itachi turned out to be a hero in his own way. I can't imagine how you must feel."

Akiko blinked in surprise. He wasn't wrong though.

"Well ... it's difficult. I've been trying my hardest not to think too much about it. Fourteen years aren't easy to move on from, you know? But I'll manage. I always do somehow."

Draken grinned and clapped her on the shoulder. "Of course you do! You have the Sano spirit!"

The words brought a smile to Akiko's face, encouraging her to be more open with Draken. "By the way, I never thanked you for being there at the fight and everything before that. I'm still a stranger to you. You didn't have any obligation to help me."

Almost as though he was scolding her, Draken shook his head and became utterly serious. "Now, listen up. You're part of Mikey's family and he cares about you. If something were to happen to you, he would be pretty upset. A lot of the things I do are for his sake."

And turning his back on her, about to join everyone else in the kitchen, he glanced over his shoulder and smiled. "You're a good person, Akiko. You deserve a family who looks after you. Now, hurry up. The food's going to get cold."

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

──── ˚✩ ༘*ೄ˚ ────

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

LAUGHTER AND LOUD CHATTER had filled the evening until Emma was the first one to doze off, leaning on Shinichiro's shoulder. The raven-haired man gently lifted her up, the blonde wrapped her arms and legs around his torso, and he carried her upstairs into her bedroom. Draken followed his example when Mikey blinked tiredly after stuffing his face with food, and he let himself be pulled out of the chair by the tall blonde.

Left behind were grandfather Sano, Mayu and Akiko, the latter embracing a new feeling of contentment. A rosy tint on her cheeks was the result of having spent the past two hours laughing and enjoying herself in the presence of her loved ones. She glanced up from the glass of lemonade she was twirling between her fingers, to find that her grandfather and mother were watching her.