────── twenty-nine

A/n: Sorry guys, this is kind of a filler chapter, but I promise the story will be moving forward within the next two chapters, and it's also slowly coming to a close :(

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

═══ CHASING CLUES ═══
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

By the time Friday came around, Seina had yet to call. While Akiko understood that her schedule was a busy one, her mind kept feeding into worst case scenarios. She had thought that all secrets were out on the table now.

But what if there were more?

The only way Akiko knew to distract herself was by diving headfirst into her studies. They had been neglected for too long and there was still much to catch up on. While the other students either went to their respective club activities or headed home, Akiko took the way to the library.

She bumped into someone as she walked down the stairs. Ready to apologize, she turned her head to the side and stared in surprise.

"Kazutora?!"

The boy smiled, scratching the back of his head. "Hello, Akiko-chan."

"You go to school here?!" Akiko was perplexed. "How come I've never seen you around?"

"Oh, that," Kazutora chuckled. "I used to skip a lot of my classes and I never really hang around my kouhais. But since Baji has been trying harder, I felt like doing the same, ya know?"

"Oh. That's good, I guess."

"Baji told me you were tutoring him," he trailed off, looking away as though he were embarrassed. "And I was wondering if you could help me out with English?"

Immediately, Akiko's face lit up with a happy smile. "Of course! It's the least I can do after you risked your life for my sake."

A faint blush tinted Kazutora's cheeks. "That was nothing," he played it off.

"I was just on my way to the library. If you have some time to spare, I'd be happy to help you now."

Kazutora nodded. "Yeah, sure, okay. I'll go and grab my bag from my locker. You can go ahead. I'll be there in a minute."

Akiki nodded and with a newfound skip in her step she descended down the rest of the stairs.

She might have been weary of Kazutora at the beginning, but she had quickly grown fond of the boy.

Just then, her phone rang. Chifuyu was calling.

"Hello," she sang into the phone.

Chifuyu chuckled. "Someone is in a good mood. What's up?"

Continuing her way to the library, she answered, "I'm tutoring Kazutora in English. He just asked me for help."

"I still don't see how that could make you this chipper."

Akiko smiled to herself. "He's my friend now. You know that I never had any friends beside Hina. It just makes me really happy."

"That's good to hear. Have you been doing well, though? I know you still worry about your mum."