────── thirty

A/n: We hit the thirty mark y'all!

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

═══ JEALOUSY & SURPRISES ═══

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Job hunting proved to be more difficult than imagined - and also unfair. Merely because of her last name and what people associated with it after the incident, Mayu was turned down on multiple occasions. But the woman tried her best to keep positive and make light of the situation.

Though Akiko was different.

She was ranting to Chifuyu as they laid spread across his bed, with Peke J cuddled up on her chest enjoying some love and affection from the brunette. She was going on about how cruel the world was to turn down a woman who desperately tried to rebuild her life and searched for happiness and peace.

"... trust me, if I had been there I would have given them a piece of my mind and a serious talking to. I mean, how can they do that to her? Who do these people think they are? It's unbelievable ho- "

Dipping his head down, Chifuyu silenced her with a kiss. Akiko instinctively closed her eyes and pushed her head closer to his, completely melting into his touch. They had kissed only on few occasions and, although Akiko was agitated from being cut off, she took it as a welcome distraction. On the other hand, Peke J was less than happy that Chifuyu was taking up Akiko's full attention and meowed before he sassily jumped off the bed.

"You know it's rude to interrupt people," whispered Akiko with her eyes still closed. As she opened them, she caught a glimpse of the smug grin on Chifuyu's face. She punched him lightly in the shoulder, then hid her blushing face in it.

"You know it's not healthy to constantly worry about everyone else's problems and neglect your own well-being," retorted Chifuyu.

She pouted. "I know. Seems like I keep learning my lesson without learning my lesson."

"Now you're just being pessimistic," the blonde pointed out, squishing Akiko's cheeks, which made her look silly in combination with the pout. He laughed. "You have an absolute tunnel vision for everything that could potentially burst your little bubble. Instead, you should learn to live in the moment."

"I can't help it," she whined, pulling her face out of Chifuyu's hands. "It's like second nature to doubt and second-guess what people say and do around me. It's not something I can turn off with the push of a button."

A kiss on her temple made Akiko sigh and slump against Chifuyu. Eyes closed, she nuzzled her face in his chest and wished the world would stop moving for just a day, allowing her to escape reality and indulge in sweet cuddles and affection.

"Change doesn't happen overnight, you know that. You're too hard on yourself," Chifuyu scolded her. His fingers combed through her chestnut brown hair, almost successful in slowly lulling her to sleep with how much it seemed to calm her down.

"On a different note," Akiko mumbled into his chest. "Are you coming along to Yokohama? Baji probably filled you in on everything. Sorry you didn't hear it from me first."

"It's okay. And yeah, I couldn't possibly let you go there without me. I'm your boyfriend and as such I have to protect you. That means anyone who threatens you has to go through me!"