Chapter 10 ❛It's Like Elvis Once Said . . . ❜

Tuesday, 10:04 PM

          "Here," Everett tossed the blonde the black blazer he found shoved deep into the duffel bag that Mikey had given him

          Finding a motel that didn't charge by the hour was harder than expected. After five tries they finally found 'The Vegas Ventures' motel that had a pair of neon pink lips on its sign. It was nothing like the one back in New Mexico.

          The Vegas Ventures motel looked like it came straight out of a 60's porno. Room 175 was nothing like room 14. It had two queen-sized beds shoved against opposite walls and no heart-shaped anything. And for some reason, Fleur's heart sank a little at this. Room 175 was on the second floor right by the ice machine that had an 'OUT OF ORDER' sign taped over it. Fleur's jaw almost dropped when she opened the door. There were leopard print bedspreads and mismatched electric green curtains that clashed with everything and were bound to give her a headache. The whole motel smelled like too much Axe body spray and cherry Kool-Aid. Even the shag carpet in the room looked like it had been there since the '60s.

          "Why?" Fleur asked simply. "Shouldn't I be showing less skin instead of covering up?" She and Charlie had seen 'Pretty Woman' countless times, and she didn't remember Vivian ever putting on more close.

          At the bottom of the duffel bag, Lucy packed for Fleur, was a short, tight, red, silky dress and her pair of black heels that her mom wouldn't approve of. The blonde's hair was thrown up into some sort of half-up half-down top-knot style look -- but she pulled it off.

          If Mrs. Williams thought the outfit she wore to Danny's was bad, well, she wouldn't even want to see her daughter now.

          "Trust me, ok?" Everett demanded. He didn't mean for it to sound so harsh, but he just couldn't tell the blonde that half the reason he wanted her to wear his jacket was that it would signal to anyone that looked at her that she was taken. The other reason was that he didn't want her to complain about being cold.

          Everett pulled out a white button-up and a pair of black trousers from his bag, along with his dark boots would make him look like the guy no one wanted to mess with. I mean, not that he already wasn't that guy.

            The white button-up was a little too small and stretched across Everett's chest showing off his well-defined body. His sleeves were rolled up, showing off his toned, tattooed arms and Fleur's heart skipped a beat. The brown-eyed boy wasn't even aware of the blonde full-on checking him out, he was busy looking for a clean pair of socks. She took her time looking him over, lingering on his forearms and the veins that were peeking out from the black ink.

           No one in Fleur's world had tattoos. I mean, who would want to destroy their body with some cheap, tacky ink?

          "Do you have a flower tattoo?" Fleur blurted out before she could stop herself.