Chapter 10 ❛To Be Enterna In The Stars❜

Wednesday, 10:06 AM

Despite the drive from Las Vegas to Boise, being almost 10 hours long, Fleur and Everett barely even noticed. The mountains and deserts flying by in a colourless blur next to them.

They only stopped twice, once for gas, another for a bathroom break that Fleur demanded unless Everett wanted her to pee in the truck. So of course they pulled over at the closest rest stop right away.

It was only after Fleur got back into the truck after their last stop that Everett finally noticed. He couldn't help the smile that played on his lips as he looked Fleur over. She was wearing his shirt. His shirt. Not one of Mikey's shirts that he had given the boy, but the simple white t-shirt that he had worn to Danny's Friday night.

Everett didn't care why she was wearing his shirt -- he just knew that his heart sped up when she was.

     He didn't think that his heart could beat any faster.

5:22 PM

5:22 PM

Somewhere between Contact, Nevada and Bosie, Idaho, Everett's hand found Fleur's.

Fleur's hand was rested on the consul, palm upwards as she stretched her fingers out. Everett saw it from the corner of his eye and slowly dropped his right hand from the steering wheel, acting like he was going to take a sip of his drink, and then he slowly inched his hand closer to hers. His rough fingers found Fleur's and when she didn't pull away, he took it as a sign to inch closer and closer until their fingers were interlocked together.

Fleur had only ever held hands with Adam McDonald when she was 16 and their parents made them go to the school dance together. But it wasn't anything like this. Adam's hands were all sweaty and clammy, but Everett's were rough and smooth at the same time and somehow moulded with hers perfectly.

And neither even thought about letting go until they pulled into the parking lot of a Denny's.