Maybe There is Hope Yet

Marching through the forest Owen got as much of a distance as he could from the others. If he could just get to the other side of this jungle he could develop a plan. Maybe there was a college over there. Maybe there were more supplies to make a raft. He just knew he needed to get away from those greedy bastards as fast as he could. He was lucky to get out alive and he knew it. If the small halfbreed wasn't there, he didn't k ow what he would do.

"Owen! Hey, Owen wait up!"

He stopped in his tracks looking down at the ground in a sigh. He thought he left everyone behind. Brorym landed on a branch to be at eye level with the human. He was surprisingly out of breath. "I...said...wait."

Turning towards the dragon he answered so irritated. "I said call me Captain- forget it." he looked at the tiny now puzzled. "How are you out of breath? You can fly?"

Looking over at Owen, the teen frowned in irritation. "Chasing you. I had to avoid vines, trees, plus your not as slow as you look."

The used to be Captain rolled his eyes walking on.

"Hey! Just stop already." Flapping his wings he flew behind the human. He didn't have enough time to stop though when the large figure in front of him decided to stop in his tracks once more. He slammed right into the human's back feeling like he flew right into a wall. Owen turned around. The tiny was facing the human's chest now. He was trying his best to seem brave.

"Why don't you just go? You have wings. I don't need you here buzzing in my ear when it's not worth my time."

Brorym flew back in thought. He was a bit embarrassed, but..." I don't know where we are. I could fly off, but it would just be the endless ocean. So I thought I would stay with you?" he looked up hopefully. He had no one else to ask for help. The saw person who captured him was his only savior.

"Fine."

"Wait really!"

"Yes. Just keep up. I am not going to keep stopping because your punny wings can not keep up." Owen turned around and continue on his way. He did peek over to see if Brorym was following behind.

The small dragon flapped his wings as hard as he could until he was level with the human's shoulder. He landed making sure his claws were tucked into the giant's shoulder, but not pinching him. This was more for support so he wouldn't fall off as a bird does.

"So what was that back there?" he asked looking up at the human's face.

With another irritated sigh, he keep walking but did indulge the half-breed with a conversation. "And what are you referring to?"

"Your crew! They turned on you! What do you mean 'what are you referring to?"

"Oh that?" he pushed aside a few vines watching them fall past. "It was going to happen eventually."

"But..." the small dragon looked up in confusion holding onto the side of his neck. He could feal the veins pulsing and when the human gulped. "But they listened to you? They were your followers." He about fell off when Owen started to laugh.

"They weren't loyal if that's what you mean. They were loyal to the money they were getting and knew I would kill anyone who tried to steal from me. That's how it always workes here."

"Oh. That's not how dragon bloods are."

"Yeah well that's not how it worked back on earth either, but I got used to it."

"Erretha?" The teen stuck his claws deeper into the human when he started to laugh again. He could tell Owen felt it this time, so flew up a bit to unstick himself.