Reminiscing.

"Sam! Sam!" I called out as I ran to her as she was cleaning the slabs. She looked up and gave a weak smile when she saw me. When I reached her, I gave her a big hug. I could tell she was confused as I hugged her tiny and cold body, she hesitantly hugged me back and that was when mother came out.

"Samantha! Step away from Kaela this instant! You disgusting child! Just look at them clothes!" Sam let go and stepped back in time for mother to take her place and check if there were stains on my dress. "You're lucky you didn't get dirt on her dress, anyway Kaela it's time for your poetry lesson."

"Yes mother..." I said and then I noticed from behind mother, Sam made a funny face that instantly put a smile on my face, before heading with mother towards my lesson. Leaving Sam to finish up cleaning the slabs.

After a few lessons, I had messed up in my dance class and headed out towards the gardens, I saw Sam there staring at the sky. I headed towards her as I said "What're you doing?" Her head jerked in my direction before she scrambled to her feet.

"I was just taking a break what about you...? Shouldn't you be in class...?" I groaned and after I told her what happened she offered to help and so I danced away in the garden with my sister, she helped me understand the basic steps and I did improve by the following lesson. I couldn’t express just how grateful I was for her help.
One day I approached Sam who was sitting in a field of flowers watching the clouds go by, I sat by her and noticed how grubby her dress was and so I asked her "Hey Sam? Do you wanna wear one of my dresses instead of wearing that one?" Sam looked down at the ground before muttering "I can't Kaela, mum and dad will get angry at me if I do. Thanks anyway..." she smiled weakly at me.

The next few days I didn’t see Sam, she was in bed with a fever, I weren't allowed anywhere near her so I made her a little rabbit plushie and left it just outside the door.

When I opened my eyes, rubbing them tiredly. I realized it was just a dream. Yes, Sam was ill but we weren’t living at the Manor anymore we hadn’t for a long time. I didn’t even remember much about the manor other than it being big.