How time flies.

It's been almost a year since we arrived here, we have a house, furniture and even got a few crops growing.

Sam has been working very hard to make our life here as comfortable as possible, she even built our home like the one we had back in the forest but instead of one floor, it had two. To be honest I am starting to regret treating her the way I did after grandma's death, she's doing so much and I've honestly been feeling useless... I don't know how to fight, build or anything... All I can do is put up a measly protection barrier...

A hand placed on my forehead is what brought me back to my senses, the hand that was as cold as ice but gentle is one I knew all my life. It was Sam's, she had her palm to my forehead pulling a strange face before saying "you don't seem to have a fever but is everything alright you've been spacing out loads recently?" I laughed while I removed her hand from my forehead, she always seems distant but she can worry alot for the health and wellbeing of others, I then said "Of course I'm fine, why do you ask?" She started pulling that funny face again before saying "The kid has been trying to get your attention for half an hour and you were just zoned out, you also almost dropped breakfast on the floor as well since you didn't place it on the table properly." As she said that I immediately started to apologise and she smiled fondly at me before placing her hand on my head and saying "Don't apologize, just take the kid out will ya?" I gave her a big nod before Lyna grabbed my hand excitedly and pulled me to the door with a big grin on her face, as the door closed behind me I saw Sam's expression darken as she stared to the floor.

Me and Lyna played in the kids play area with her new friend, the shy little boy was called Jeremy and he was the tailors son. We happened upon a certain theif who decided to turn over a new leaf as we was taking Jeremy back home, he was walking around not really sure why but when he saw me he perked up immediately and shouted while pointing at me, "Hey you! It's me Leo! You know the guy who your friend pinned to the ground and knocked out?" People were starting to chunner after he had said that and so I approached him and told him to be quiet, his silver bed of hair shone a kind of orang ish shade as the sun began to set. Turns out he was let out of jail and now he stays with Geoffrey and works as a guard majority of the time, he asked about Sam and all I said is that she was at home and he could come for tea if he wasn't needed elsewhere. He agreed and said he'd meet us at the tailors place after he told Geoffrey.

He did as he said, a little while after the sun had finished setting he came to the tailor's house and we headed off after saying farewell, I held Lyna's hand as we headed back and Leo trailed behind me, he admired the way the staircase and the house was built on the way and when we got there the house was enveloped in darkness, not a single candle or lantern seemed to be lit or at least lit recently. I called for Sam and as soon as Leo said he'd alert the guard Sam entered, dirt was smudged on her, from top to toe and that's when Leo said "Wow, you really did fall from heaven!" She pulled a sour face before taking her boots off and trudging upstairs, I placed food on the table before following her, she went into the bathroom and began getting ready to fill her bath, I decided I'd do it so I took the buckets and headed outside to the closest water source, when I came back Leo asked if she was alright and i just replied by saying "Yeah she's fine, just... Really dirty..." He offered to help get buckets of water but I told him to sit down and enjoy his meal. He hesitated but eventually nodded after Lyna gave him a reassuring smile. I helped Sam bathe and as I was scrubbing her back I asked "So what did you do today in order to be this dirty?" She sat quietly for a bit, her eyes lowered before saying in a mere whisper "I've been having this bad feeling... Like something bad is going to happen... So... I've made a safe house... if there's ever danger in this town... take Lyna and whoever can't defend themselves there... and stay there till it's over..." I wanted to tell her that it was alright but to be honest... I've had the same feeling recently... I think everyone has, even Geoffrey has been more on guard recently and you could tell by his eyes he hasn't been sleeping properly... I nodded slowly before saying, "I will... There's no need to worry..." I heard her let out a sigh of relief before getting out of the bath all nice and clean, she dried off and changed before saying, "Now shall we head downstairs, I believe you brought home a guest? It ain't very courteous to leave him dealing with the kid. Now is it?" I laughed as I shook my head before heading down to find Leo and Lyna using the kindling as swords for their sword fight.

I heard Sam giggle softly beside me and I couldn't help but giggle myself, who would've guessed the theif was good with kids after all?

Everything was jovial until we heard a loud thud, we all turned in it's direction and saw Sam, lay on the floor. Unconscious.