Recovery.

Sam was feeling quite a bit better that day and so like the doctor recommended I assisted her so she could go for a walk and Leo insisted on coming with, leaving his duties to Geoffrey, she was still pretty wobbly but she managed to walk to the seaside with me and Leo, we had decided to stay there and just relax till Lyna and Geoffrey could come, I sat next to Sam as Leo wandered about looking for shells, my mind drifted to the time I spent with Xalve... He completely disappeared after his visit to the safe house, as I was thinking the worst thoughts about what happened I heard Sam mutter,
"I'm sure he's fine, maybe he went back home to see if they can help prevent another attack. He'll be back in no time." She sounded as nonchalant as usual which surprisingly was a huge comfort, smiling I got up quickly. Pulling Sam up with me before helping Leo find shells, Lyna and Geoffrey arrived with a small picnic basket with our rations for the day inside, as we were just enjoying our time together Sam said,
"When can I go back home by the way? No offence Geoffrey but your house has a gross guy smell and the bed I made is ten times more comfortable." Leo nodded in agreement as Geoffrey sulked in response muttering "I made that bed thank you very much you ungrateful swines..." We all laughed in response which caused Sam to cough, we all rushed to her but she insisted she was fine, just had a slight tickle in her throat, even still we decided it would be best to take her back to Geoffrey's for the night.

Despite her complaints she complied and we had all headed back to Geoffrey's, over the next few weeks Sam stayed there as everything that got damaged were repaired. Those who had fallen was put to rest in the graveyard. No matter what side they were on. When Sam was feeling much better, she didn't need any help to walk anymore so she decided to go for a walk today, I had to go to work but Leo said he'd keep an eye on her. I got a dress out for her to wear and she gave me a "Are you serious?" look but eventually I convinced her to wear it, she exited the room to where Leo was keeping Lyna occupied with a deck of cards which soon fluttered out of his hands when he saw her, gliding to the ground, scattering by his feet.
"You alright?" Sam asked as she crouched down and began picking up the cards, he nodded and follow suit while blushing.
"Y-You're in l-looove ain'tcha!" we all looked back at Lyna in shock who was making a love heart shape with her hands.
"Di-did I just imagine that..? L-lyna can't talk can she..?" muttered Leo as he pointed back at Lyna in shock. Sam just crouched there eyes wide and I began to laugh before saying,
"Just imagine geoffrey's reaction when he finds out he missed the first time Lyna has spoken!"
It was then that the door opened and in walked Geoffrey who looked at us in confusion as we all began laughing. Lyna called out and hugged him where he stood in the doorway paralyzed,
"W-wha-" was the only thing he could work out how to mutter in that moment
"G-eoffrey Sam and Leo are getting m-married!" she exclaimed in excitement and the cards fell out of Sam and Leo's hands as they looked away blushing.
"H-hold on! What's going on?! Lyna is talking and on about marriage?! It's a bit soon yet isn't it?!" he looked between us all in utter confusion before putting a hand to his head.
Sam cleared her throat and said, "Lyna just started talking when I came down because me and Leo are going to be going for a walk and I don't know where she's gotten this marriage idea from, I've never spoken about marriage to her, have you Leo...?" he shook his head while it was still turned to hide his rosy cheeks "I've never even mentioned wanting to get married so I don't know where she got the idea from either..." he muttered quietly, Geoffrey looked towards me and the rest followed suit I tried to laugh it off but Sam said "So it was you huh?"
Scratching the back of my head with a guilty smile on my face while everyone else laughed Sam realized the time and we had to hurry and get Lyna to school for the day, Geoffrey ended up taking her as I rushed to get to work on time leaving Leo and Sam to lock up before they went. When I came home from work, Leo and Sam had made tea and Lyna and Geoffrey was already at the table ready to eat so I went up and got washed up for tea, it was an absolutely delicious meal as usual and we all shared laughter among ourselves until a knock at the door interrupted us. I opened it to see a familiar dark haired lady in fancy clothing and a lighter haired man with a mustache and a similar style of clothes, the lady hugged me as she said "Kaela! I'm so glad to see you, has everything been going well I'm sorry we didn't come to collect you sooner!" I recognized that voice even though I hadn't heard it in such a long time.
"Mother. I trust your trip was without issue, if I'd known you were arriving earlier then I'd of been there to greet you but recently I've been slightly under the weather." Sam said as she stood up straight while addressing her.
Slap! Mother's hand flew right across Sam's face before she screeched "How dare you let my little Kaela live in such a dump! You should've brought her back home! Back to where she belongs!" Sam stopped Leo when he went to intervene with her arm and Geoffrey comforted Lyna who burst out into tears.
When mother locked eyes with them, she then carried on with "And who are these filthy peasants you're associating with?! It's incredibly distasteful for someone of Kaela's status to even breath the same air as this filth and you know that!" Lyna cried loud enough for all of us which made her the next target, "Will you shut that retched thing up! Samantha that thing is giving me a headache, is it yours?" Sam went over to Lyna and wiped her eyes before begging Geoffrey to take her and Leo upstairs to calm down. After some retaliation Leo was forced up the stairs with Lyna and Geoffrey.
Mother was seriously not happy upon learning about Lyna living with us and Sam took all the responsibility even though it was all my idea. It was dictated that we...

Had 3 days to pack up and head back to the manor...