ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ

Author's notes: Heyyy guys, so (Y/n) won't actually meet Gloxinia until a few chapters later because I want to focus on these next few chapters on (Y/n)'s relationship with Meliodas and his new friends who she has of course never met before. 

Anyways, please enjoy this chapter! ❤

(Y/e/c) = Your eye colour

"ʟᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ꜱʜᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ ɪɴ." 

ɴᴇᴏɴɪ

My hands shake terribly as I place them on the cold marble railing of the largest balcony there is in the palace.

"Do it," I whisper to myself. "Come on, (Y/n)."

After we had discovered that the Ten Commandments had returned to Britannia, my attendants and I agreed that I had to publicly address our people about the possibility of war, and the reaction was absolutely devasting. There were frightened screams and yells and panic and it took quite a while to calm down the whole crowd. 

When we finally did this, I reminded them of our battles against the Demon race 3,000 years ago during the Holy War and how we had come out victorious when we were forced to face three of the Ten Commandments. We beat them once, we could do it again.

That seemed to lift their spirits a bit and then a second later, all of them were crying out their allegiance to me, their faith in me. But I am not the same Elf I was 3,000 years ago.

My attendants assured me they would deal with everything else while I conversed with nature. And nature only had one thing to tell me: Go to the one who was there when you took your first breath.

Meliodas.

I immediately refused. Though the eldest son of the Demon King sealed away his own race 3,000 years ago, he doomed himself and my best friend to a dreadful curse that would last for aeons. 

But I now realise that I have no choice. If my people and I are to survive this, if Britannia is to survive this, I must push aside my pain and anger and face the one who both raised me and betrayed me.

"Queen (Y/n), what are you doing?"

I blink, looking down to see that I have stepped onto the marble railing. Silently, I turn around to see my youngest attendant staring at me with a fearful expression on her face.

"Why are you afraid?" I ask softly.

"My lady, please," she whimpers as she takes hesitant steps towards me. "Do not leave us now."

"I am not abandoning you, sweet Nova," I assure her as she reaches me. "Nature has told me what to do next and I'm afraid I am not entirely pleased with this idea."

"What is it, my lady?" Nova asks me, her hands clenching onto her dark dress.

"Don't. You will wrinkle the dress," I scold her as I bend down and cradle her face in my hands. "You must tell the others that I have gone to search for Meliodas."

"The Demon Prince?" Nova asks in shock as her hands release their strong hold on the dress. "Really, Queen (Y/n)?"

"I must," I tell her and then smile gently. "I must face my past now. I always had to in the end. It seems now is the time for that."

"Oh, my lady," Nova murmurs as her eyelashes flutter over eyes that are similar to mine, (dark/light) (y/e/c). 

I remember very clearly that Nova's mother had the same eyes as I did and almost everyone had wondered whether she was my sister. But nature had told me she was not.