ʙɴʜᴀ ᴄʀᴏꜱꜱᴏᴠᴇʀ

Author's notes: Heyyy guys! Just keep in mind that this chapter won't in any way connect to the Epilogue (I will hopefully have the first part of the Epilogue released in a couple of days) so don't worry about missing any kind of important information in this particular chapter. However, I would still highly recommend reading the first and last part when (Y/n) is back in Britannia. Just a warning, there are BNHA spoilers if you have just started watching this series!

Other than that, please enjoy this brand new chapter! ❤

"ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴋɪɴɢ, ʙᴀʙʏ, ɪ'ᴍ ʏᴏᴜʀ Qᴜᴇᴇɴ." 

ᴛᴀʏʟᴏʀ ꜱᴡɪꜰᴛ

"Mum, I know," the sharp voice of my only child echoes in the large hall and I immediately flinch at it and sheepishly rub the back of my head, staring at the stone ground. "I know I have to come up with a response for Fairy King Harlequin's request for an alliance between the Fairy race and the Elf race but I have so many other things I need to deal with before the end of the evening—"

Slowly, I purse my lips with concern when the Queen of the Elves groans quietly and then drops her head on the massive wooden table in front of her, whacking her forehead rather painfully.

"How the hell did you do it, Mum?" I hear her whisper weakly. "How did you handle all of this on your own when you were the Queen of the Elves? How the hell did you manage to just—"

When she says nothing else and stays silent, I quickly look over to her attendants worriedly who helplessly shake their heads at me so I turn back to my daughter and place a hand on the back of her head before stroking her long red hair gently, humming soothingly to calm her down.

"I had my attendants to help me, my sweet Nova," I murmur softly in response. "Just like you do right now. Don't allow all of this to weigh you down; rely on your attendants because they will be able to help you just as they did for me when I was ruling. Now, my Queen, raise your head and face them; tell them what you need them to do; tell them what you're struggling with right now."

From the corner of my eye, I can see Garion, Alya, and Vespera smile approvingly and fondly so I allow a proud smile to take over my own lips as my daughter raises her head and turns to me.

"Apologies for my behaviour earlier," she says in a stronger voice before facing her attendants, a determined look on her face. "In order to get all of this done, I have a task for each one of you."

While Nova is busy giving each of them different tasks, I subtly take my leave and head towards the main courtyard where I find the Chief General talking to the other generals of the Elf army.

"Lady (Y/n)," I hear one of the generals say quietly when they spot me and immediately all of them swiftly look up to the empty balcony where I am. "Is there something you needed?"

"No, no," I respond and wave a hand for them to continue. "I was just passing through."

"Well, that's it from me," the Chief General tells the other generals and then dismisses them.

As I silently watch all of them leave the large courtyard, I slowly clasp my hands together and smile to myself, content that the Elf kingdom is doing so well after the Holy War.

"My lady," someone speaks behind me and I squeal, twirling around to see the Chief General.

"Adonis dear," I say as I place a hand over my chest. "You gave me a fright. Is everything alright?"