Chapter Eight. - Five Years Later

Elena sat down looking at photo of Freya. Who sadly lost her life against Esther. Elena couldn't believe that Esther could be so cruel. She was so deep in thought she didn't hear Elijah coming in. Elena always sat down looking at the photo ever month. For the past five years. It's like she felt guilty over it. Elijah put his hand on her shoulder. "It's not your fault. - Freya knew the possibility of dying during the fight." Elijah spoke. He had has this conversation with Elena everytime. "But if I didn't distract her. - she still be here. - it's not fair that  I'm here and happy when she is dead. - it's just not fair." Elena spoke. "I know my sweet Elena. - but Freya wouldn't want you to feel this way. - we both know of this." Elijah said. " I know. - I guess I should try and move on from this. - it's just hard." Elena spoke. "I'm here to help. - like all these years. - even when we got married. - speaking of which doesn't Rebekah have her party tonight?" Elijah asks. Elena gave a nod. " She does. - Rebekah finally going to get married. - I'm glad that they took the cure." Elena spoke. "So am I. - remember what you promised me that night in New York?" Elijah spoke. Elena gave a nod. " I do. - I'll go to college next year. - I just want to spend more time with you." Elena said. She gave Elijah a kiss. Went to get ready.

------------------------------------------------------------

Bamon they were enjoying Paris France. They were now living there. But they were about to head back to Mystic Falls. For Stefan's and Rebekah's wedding. "Can't believe it. - they actually getting married. - they deserve it." Bonnie now beamed at her fiance. "And we are next. - hope they don't mind coming to France?" Damon beamed back down. " Speaking of which when are we going to get married?" Bonnie asks. " Next June?" Damon asks. Bonnie jumped up into Damon's arms and kissed him. " I take that as a yes then." Damon smiled as they pulled apart. "Yes. - what date? Either 2nd or 5th?" Bonnie spoke. " 2nd." Damon said. "I wonder how is Elena? - you know how she feels about Freya?" Bonnie now worried about her best friend. "I'm sure Elijah is there for her. - you know he will be. - they make the most perfect couple. - after us obviously." Damon spoke.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Something happened after the fight. There was another fatality and that was Hope. Malviore gotten out in the shape of Landon Kirby. She was the only one that could stop him. Klaus couldn't get over the lose of his daughter. Mikael felt for him. He was there for him. He knows the lose of a child. Henrick his youngest. The reason he turned his children into vampires. But as much as Mikael and Caroline and the rest of the family was there for him. Klaus couldn't handle it. For five years he lived. For five years he mourned his daughter. He couldn't handle it. So he took the last of the white oak stake and killed himself. Rebekah was too late. She went to Klaus a day before he wedding. And she saw Klaus take his own life. She fell to her knees. Stefan beside her. She didn't want to go through with the wedding. She couldn't. She just lost her brother. Mikael came in. Rebekah told him. Mikael fell to his knees alongside Rebekah. Pulled her into him. He was crying. With her. Over the past five years. Mikael came to think of Klaus as one of his own. So he was devastated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Stebakh they decided to postpone the wedding for a few months. Stefan understood. There was no way could they get married not after Klaus took his own life. Caroline was in bits when she found out. As was Elijah. They had lost a big part of the family.

Months past. And Rebekah and Stefan had gotten married about two months after Klaus and Caroline's deaths. It was too much to bare for Caroline. She couldn't handle the death of the love of her life. Lizzie and Josie were devastated. They thought Caroline didn't care about them. But she had written both of them a letter each. To explain. It took them awhile to understand. To which was understandable.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

The End.

A/N: sorry for sad ending. Had a total different idea on how this ended. But that didn't seem right.
I'm still taking a break. Just had to put this up.