you guys clearly need help.

i'm tired. i'm unmotivated.

if you're going to copy my stories, at least make them good.

here's some tips:

don't be like me. like at all. i can clearly see you're trying to get big like me. but this only worked for one reason:

my readers are bad ass and crazy bitches that are the select few that enjoy my humor.

like you can't find anyone like my lovelies <3

ignore that though

1) be original.

people are bound to catch on that you're trying to mimic another author. that provides issues on its own. so be yourself. do what you would do that the og author wouldn't.

2) think of your own unique traits.

seriously. please stop taking my 'playboy bunny earrings' and callahan writing on sticky notes. also the chapter titles/themes. these are things that surprise readers, they didn't expect things like this. they don't like seeing repeated stuff. get creative (dhmis moment)

3) speaking of theme...

make your own theme. make your account pretty. i promise people are suckers for pretty things. don't use people's art at random for a lazy cover. readers love
-organization
-neat themes
-over all aesthetic
be original with your book themes, too. make it a fun fact about animals, or nature. fascinate ur readers.

OC/READER HELP
--------------------------------------------

4) if you're going to make an oc, at least research.

listen, i'm not the biggest fan of oc x character books for this reason. they're white, they're skinny, and they have boring names or cultural appropriating names to be different. that's awful.

poc already dislike reading on wattpad because authors even make the reader white presenting. here's how you do it:

-don't describe hair. don't mention 'brushing through it, putting it in a messy bun'

-don't mention skin tone. 'that'll leave a bruise' 'reader blushed...' don't do that.

-if your oc is POC, do research! i have a black oc kinda character, and i spent HOURS looking up correct things so i wouldn't be disrespectful. do it right, and if you're confused either
A) don't do it at all
or B) ask a real POC

-don't use cultural things for your clearly white OC. don't use Japanese or any Asian names. don't put them in cultural clothes like Kimonos, Hispanic skirts, Indigenous outfits. do research. if you want to make it seem like they aren't white, get good at describing. 'the tan skin glowed...' 

--------------------------------------------
CREDIT

how to credit ideas:

-look i said this before, use your own traits instead of mine.

-but you still need to credit where credit is due

-Storyline? on the warning page (which you need to make) @ the author. you used someone's art? @ the author in the desc and heavily research to make sure the artist is okay with their art being used with credit.

-WARNING PAGE! don't put the warnings in the desc. please. readers will feel much more safe if you present that you care about their safety and well being. which you should.

-warning pages are also good for the CC's comfort.

--------------------------------------------
ABIDE BY BOUNDARIES

-youre writing about characters that tie back to IRL people (this doesn't apply if you aren't writing about MCYT/youtubers. (depends though)

-they have boundaries. listen to them and respect them.

-if you make a mistake, someone will point it out and you WILL correct it. you'll apologize and MOVE ON.

-make sure a CC knows they are respected, give them an option to where they can feel as if they can say no. they don't want to be in a story? we edit them out or even delete the story.

--------------------------------------------

okay. so i hope you guys understand my boundaries and how to write a story.

the reason i got most popular was because of my aus, my interactions with people, and my humor. granted, i got lucky and was spotted with the perfect people who enjoy my humor.

don't immediately try to get famous. really, don't try hard. i had to wait months before i started making friends here. i just hit 1k reads after two months.

don't copy my ideas. go look for inspiration and don't be lazy. original ideas to shock the readers get you real far. wilbur with a gold tooth?! bam! surprise B)

BIG THING! don't be afraid to set boundaries. if you don't want people calling you a certain thing, tell them! don't feel bad!

if you need help with small ideas, i'll be sure to help you figure it out. like you don't know how to write a certain scene? i'll try my best!

one way to bond with people is subtly mention things you also enjoy. my readers like how i quote TV shows, how i incorporate movies. i've even had people follow me for my music taste, cause they also enjoyed that !

bye bye original <3

sept 11/12, 2021