04

Lea

"Where's Doc Chien?" I asked Doc Dawn when I entered the attending's lounge as I hang tight for the scans I requested.

She pointed at the couch using her lips.

Doc Chien is profound snoozing at the couch.

"Wala ba siyang gagawin?"

"Wala siguro. What's more, kaninang umaga pa siya diyan," Doc Dawn answered.

I was about to leave but then I had a funny idea that made me grin.

I grabbed a white board marker on the white board and went close to Doc Chien. I gradually draw a mustache.

"

I wish he's deep asleep para 'di niya maamoy 'yung marker," I wished as I proceed with what I'm doing.

"Lagyan mo ng spots all around his face," Doc Dawn recommended so I did.

I giggled  subsequent to completing it and left the lounge.

>>>

"Hello, Roxanne. I'm Dr. Salonga," I presented.

"Hello, Dr. Salonga," she welcomed back.

I went close to the guardians as we leave Roxanne at the couch as she play with her cellphone.

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Quadez. I'm Dr. Salonga."

"Nice to meet you, Dr. Salonga."

We took a sit and began to discuss Roxanne's situation.

"While playing, she noticed she was unable to breathe through her right nostril," said Mr Quadez.

"We took her for an examination and they tracked down a huge vascular tumor," he paused. "Here are the outputs."

Mrs. Quadez gave me the envelope and I checked it. I can feel and notice that they fear what I would say about it, what approach will I do. Each progression is an extra anxious to them.

"Huge vascular cancer sitting against the carotid artery and filling the whole right side of her face," I read quietly.

This is the reason behind Roxanne's bulging right cheek. You can see kahit may mask siya.

"Roxanne will go through two medical procedures. I will perform the first and the subsequent one would be performed by our skull base surgery team."

We spoke more with regards to the circumstance and I chose to do embolization.

"Embolization? What is it?" asked Mr Quadez.

"We will infuse a glue through the artery to hinder the blood supply to the tumor," I clarified.

"This procedure would be hazardous for this situation because the cancer was getting blood from the ophthalmic artery and other arteries off the carotid. Assuming that the glue went into the arteries, it could cause visual impairment or stroke," I said clarifying the danger of the strategy.