10

Lea

"Dr. Chien!"

"Come on. You can reach it."

Dr. Chien is trying to piss me again. He placed my phone on top of the cabinet and napakataas n'un. I can't reach. I don't have that height to do so.

"Isa, Rob! Ibalik mo na kasi sa akin," subok kong sabihin.

"Just reach it. More effort para maabot mo na," he giggled.

At dahil naiinis na ako, I went near him and clenched my fist then threw a punch at his cheek.

"Ouch!"

"Deserve!"

I pulled the chair he is sitting on and he fell hard on the floor. I used the chair to get my phone. Before I could go down, he wiggled the chair which caused me to lose my balance and almost fell to the ground.

"Sorry for the interruption. I didn't think na place of landian pala ang lounge na ito."

I moved away from Doc Chien who caught me when I was about to fall dahil sa kagagawan niya. And now, someone saw us and thought we were making landi. Ang malas, si Aga pa.

Aga entered the lounge and took a cup of coffee.

Medyo naging awkward na naman ang atmosphere kaya i tried not to talk na lang kaysa I utter things that'll just make things even more awkward.

I pulled my coat and exited the lounge then went to the ER just to avoid the two men.

"Parang may tinataguan ka yata," said Dawn.

"Just don't like how Aga treats me," pranka kong sagot.

"Why? What did he do ba?" she asked as she stand beside me while holding charts.

"I don't know. Parang galit siya sa akin, naiinis, ewan! I don't get him why does he act that way e dapat ako nga ang gano'n because of what he has done before e," I said crossing my arms.

"Mag-usap kaya kasi kayo. It's been a month ang hindi pa kayo nag-uusap. Ewan if naka-move on na ba kayo pareho pero sinasabi ko, ang Covid nawawala na pero 'yang galit niyo sa isa't isa, panghabambuhay?"

She's right. We never talk. Hindi pa kami nagsasama sa iisang case so we don't talk. Wala pa talaga.

"Doc, pinapabigay ni Doc Chien. Sorry daw," said Doc Geronimo at inabot sa akin ang isang baso ng iced coffee.

"Also, he asked me to tell you na kapag daw mainit ang ulo mo, I'll bring you to the morgue," she said which made me grin.

>>>

"What's the update about sa Covid?" I asked Dr. Geronimo who's currently reading articles, listening to podcasts, watching videos about Covid. She's been doing this since we met. Mukhang inaabangan talaga niya ang bawat update.

"I believe, if this will continue — no cases — we will be able to bring back the life that was once robbed by Covid," she replied.

"How many days would it be para makamit natin 'yan?" I asked since I am curious too. I want to do a lot of things after this Covid.

"In a week po, maybe. Since one month and three weeks ng walang cases. And sa mga nag re-recover ay naka-recover na lahat. Ibig sabihin, wala ng Covid. Pinapalipas lang nila ang dalawang buwan to make sure that there is really no virus. One week na lang ang natitira and they will announce that the world is officially Covid-free," she gladly answered.

I admire Dr. Geronimo's energy. She's the type of person who looks at the positive side of every negative that is happening. She's the type of person who digs deep into the light when everything is dark. She's like the rainbow, the flower, the glitters of life. Someone who has her should be grateful. They should be.

"You really want Covid to end, do you?" I said as I sit beside the chair she's sitting on.

"Yes po, Doc. I've missed a lot po kasi dahil sa Covid. Alam ko ikaw din. For sure there's a negative effect of Covid sa life mo po and there are few positive ones. Pero in the end naman, natututo tayo kaya I believe everything happens for  a reason," she answered with a smile.

"Covid gave us both positive and negative effects. It just depends on how we look onto it. Some people focus on the negative side which most of the time it breaks them and causes them to be in distress. Some can't take it and they give up. However, there are some people too our there looking on every bright side of what is happening in their lives. Whether they the bright side is in front of them or not, they try their best to find it. They don't put too much effort on what's negative because it will wreck them. They put effort on what is positive that's why they gain strength," Dr. Sarah paused and looked at the ceiling.

"Still, I don't blame those people who can't focus on the bright side. Not all people are the same. We don't have the same insights or views on things. We're different, and that's completely fine," she added.

I admire her view of things. She is the young me. She's my younger version. She's exactly like me. The person who is opinionated, thoughtful, and is good in giving advice. Pero sana nga she can do the advises she gives kasi ako, hindi ko magawa e.     

"Honestly, for some reason, I am thankful that Covid happened. I was able to put my focus away from the thing that broke me and made me wreck. Still, I am missing lots of things too like you do."

👩‍⚕End of Chapter👨‍⚕