06

Lea

"Infusing contrast dye."

After I infused the contrast dye, I did an angiogram. The dye is moving through the cancer. I could clearly see the vessels bringing blood into the growth behind his eye. The tumor was also attacking the foundation of Kayro's skull.

At the point when I looked more, I saw something different. The very vessels that provided blood to the cancer were likewise providing blood to the skin of his face. That was an indication for me to stop since it was troubling. Along these lines, the danger raised from moderate to high.

Since I would rather not do the choosing myself, I requested one from the techs to call Kayro's doctor, Dr. Quezon. Following a couple of moments, he's on the line.

"Dr. Quezon, I just took a gander at the angiogram and the rational vessels that supply the tumor likewise supply the skin of the face," I informed.

"Assuming we proceed, the facial skin is in danger as what I have said when we talked," I added.

There was a couple of moments of silence before he talked from the other line.

"Dr. Salonga, I know you can do this." I can hear the certainty on the other line.

"Dr. Quezon, I think the risk isn't worth it to take. His facial is—"

"As much as I want to keep performing his medical procedure without embolization, we both know that it would be hazardous. I can't proceed assuming there are heaps of blood impeding my sight of which to cut. You know that as much as I do, Dr. Salonga. So please, on the off chance that there are still any way you can do this, kindly do as such. For the President's child." I halted and reconsidered. Is the risk worth it?

Following a couple of moments of reasoning, I concocted a choice.

"I'm doing this, Dr. Quezon, not on the grounds that he is the President's child. I'm doing this since I need him to have a fruitful surgery with you because he is a patient to me and each patient needs the best care they can get from their surgeons."

Subsequent to telling my choice, they cut the line and I returned to the procedure. However, before I could snag the instruments, I halted again to think.

"Dr. Salonga, are you okay?" I heard from the telecom from the OR gallery.

I took a gander at the OR gallery, to the telecom region, and saw Dr. Chien taking a gander at me with his lips smiling.

I didn't answer. I just viewed at him as though my eyes can let him know that I ain't sure to proceed with this.

"Doc Lea, think about the morgue. You are there and you can have the opportunity to think about the means you want to do. You are in a quiet and cold spot where you can choose what subsequent stages to take. I'm sure that you can do that. Plus, you had harder cases than that."

As much as I want to proceed, I'm afraid. I'm anxious about the possibility that I settled on an unacceptable choice and put the existence of my patient in danger.

I looked around me just to see confident techs, confident residents, confident scrub nurses. They saw me flopped how often befire, yet they are sure that I can do this. Possibly it was simply me keeping down. Possibly proceeding is better than halting in spite of the dangers.