Chapter-18

ʙᴀʙʏ, ɪ'ᴍᴀ ɢᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʀɪɢʜᴛ, ɪ ᴡɪʟʟ
ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪ ᴛᴏᴜᴄʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ ʜᴏᴡ ɪᴛ ғᴇᴇʟ
.........

It's been a week since the dinner and life couldn't be more wonderful.

Note the sarcasm yeah? Chase has been ignoring me since then, This time I haven't made an effort to talk since he's not overworking me or making me do silly chores. He can take his ignorance and shove it up his ass.

"Thank you." I say to Luke as I get out of his car. He dropped me off today, I didn't feel like driving today.

"Give me a call when it's time to pick you up." He says, rolling the window down.

"Eh, I'll come back on my own. Don't worry." I say, waving at him.

I greet Layla as I walk towards the lift, she gives me a thumbs up looking at me. Now that I think about it, she is nice when she's not trying to ask me for Chase's number or how to make him fall in love with her.

I go to the cafeteria first to get the boss's coffee. "Lookin' nice." The lady who serves the order tells me.

"Thank you." I smile as he hands me the cup.

I met Melissa and Logan on the way and they both complimented me. Oh, did I tell you that I got a new haircut. I didn't cut them all, just got cresent bangs. They were looking nice yesterday, when I got the haircut. Now I feel like pushing them back every five minutes.

I knock on Chase's office door as I'm not barging in since he started ignoring me. I hear a low 'come in.' I kept the cup on his desk and surprise, surprise, he looked up then back at his coffee and then back at me.

"How's my haircut dude?" I ask before realising I was supposed to ignore him. He frowned before picking up the coffee and ignoring me.

The story of my life.

I quickly tell him his schedule and make my way out. It's not much, today is like a resting day, he has two meetings that are through video conferencing and one meeting here in the office and that's all.

I went through the e-mails before forwarding the important ones to him. There are so many spam e-mails he receives on daily basis or sometimes it's the fangirls who are attracted to his face and think they'll capture their attention and boom! Wedding bells. I think I can propose a guy better now that I've been reading those kinds of e-mails almost everyday.

It was after lunchtime when Caden burst into my office, shushing me.

"What the hell man?" I ask as he tried to hide himself from no one.

"Shh, drama is about to start." He whispers although no one is there other than me and him.

I sigh. "What did you do now?" I ask, closing the laptop.

"I did nothing." He said as if I offended him, "Beth is coming to the office, I heard mom talking to her and I wanted to witness it with my own eyes so here I am." He tells me.

I groan at the thought of her here. Bitch gave me a bruise on my foot, I still have marks to show what her heel did.

"Same bro." He says, looking at my expression.