Chapter 6- Council of Elrond

Legolas's Pov

Elves, men, and dwarves all gather in a secret garden, waiting for Lord Elrond to start the meeting. There are 5 elves, including Glynnii, Tauriel, and I, and not including Lord Elrond, 7 dwarves, including Gimli and Gloin, and 9 men, including Aragorn.

Tauriel. She's alive? I can't believe it. Adar lied to me. I can't believe it. All this time. A/N In this story, Thranduil, Legolas's father, told Tauriel ran off after Kili died, and told him to go search for Aragorn!!

"Strangers from distant lands, friends of old. You've all been summoned here to the threat of Mordor. Middle Earth stands on the brink of destruction. None can escape it. You will rise, or you will fall," Lord Elrond starts the meeting. Now, everyone just stares at each other, not knowing what to do. Lord Elrond continues, "Each race is bound to this fate — this one doom." He, then, gestures to the pedestal. "Bring forth the ring, Frodo."

Frodo looks around, and slowly gets up from his chair, and puts the One Ring on the pedestal, and looks around, nervous. I'm also starting to get nervous, also looking around me.

Then, a red haired man said, "So it's true." Frodo walks back to his seat next to Gandalf, looking around, still looking nervous. I see that Tauriel wants to say something, but she holds it back in. A blond eleth looks like she wants the man to stop talking, Lord Elrond's face is still expressionless, while Aragorn is eyeing the man. The man rose from his chair, and continued. "In a dream, I saw the eastern sky grow dark. But in the West a pale light lingered. A voice was crying: 'Your doom is near at hand.'' He, then, walks closer to the pedestal. "Isildur's Bane is found. Isildur's bane."

Just as I'm going to stand up, Mithrandir stands up, and chants in Black Speech. "Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul." (One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the Darkness bind them.)

Clouds above us became dark, and thunder cackled, making Tauriel looking scared. She shrank to the back in her seat, looking scared. Lord Elrond looked at Mithrandir, surprised, and said, "Never before has any voice uttered the words of that tongue here in Imladris!"

Mithrandir responded, "I do not ask your pardon, Master Elrond, for the Black Speech of Mordor may yet be heard in every corner of the West! The Ring is altogether evil!"

Well, I mean, not wrong. Many of the Ringbearers from the past have died from it.

Mithrandir gives the man a glance, before going to his seat. The man starts talking again. "It is a gift. A gift to the foes of Mordor. Why not use this Ring?" He then stands up and starts pacing around him. We all look at him. "Long has my father, the Steward of Gondor, kept the forces of Mordor at bay. By the blood of our people are your lands kept safe! Give Gondor the weapon of the enemy. Let us use it against him!"

We can't let him take the ring. The ring is polluting his mind. I want to tell him not to, but Aragorn beats me to it. "You cannot wield it! None of us can. The One Ring answers to Sauron alone. It has no other master."

The blond eleth pushed herself from her seat, and protested to the red haired man. "We're not going to let you take the ring! You can't! The ring is polluting your brain. Snap out of it!"

The man turned to her, and said, and said nothing. Loss of words, I guess.

I stand up and say to him, "This is no mere ranger. He is Aragorn, son of Arathorn. You owe him your allegiance."

The man looked at him, in disbelief, and said, "This is...Isildur's heir?"

"And heir to the throne of Gondor!"

Aragorn stands up where he is sitting. "Havo dad, Legolas. (sit down, Legolas, or as other people call it, Have a dad, Legolas.)" I sigh, and look at Aragorn before sitting down.

The man, still looking in disbelief, returned to his seat. "Gondor has no king. Gondor needs no king."

Mithrandir replies to Aragorn's comment after the man finished talking. "Aragorn is right. We cannot use it"

Lord Elrond states, "You have only one choice. The Ring must be destroyed."

Then, a dwarf who looks like Gloin, stands up, and shouts, "Then what are we waiting for?" He raised his axe, and slammed it on the ring. He, then, let out a shout, his axe breaks, and falls back.

I see Lord Elrond sees something at the corner of his eyes, and tells Gloin's son, "The Ring cannot be destroyed, Gimli, son of Glóin, by any craft that we here possess. The Ring was made in the fires of Mount Doom. Only there can it be unmade. It must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence it came." He paused for a moment, before continuing. "One of you must do this."

We all stare at each other in silence, not wanting to volunteer for the dark and dangerous quest. But then, the red haired man started talking again. "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its black gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep. And the great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland. Riddled with fire and ash and dust. The very air you breathe is a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand men could you do this. It is folly!"

I stood up indignantly, and said to him, "Have you heard nothing what Lord Elrond had said? The ring must be destroyed!"

The dwarf stands up, and counters, "And I suppose you think you're the one to do it?!"

The man stands up and yells, "And if we fail, what then?! What happens when Sauron takes back what is his?!"

"I will be dead before I see the Ring in the hands of an Elf!"

Now, we all stand up, even Tauriel and the other eleth, and start to argue with everyone else.

The dwarf continues to yell. "Never trust an Elf!"

All the elves are now shouting at the dwarf. The intensity of the argument increased, while Frodo slowly rose with confidence, and spoke out, "I will take it! I will take the Ring to Mordor. Though, I do not know the way."

We all slowly turn to him. I hear Tauriel let a small gasp. Mithrandir walked up to him, and said, ""I will help you bear this burden, Frodo Baggins, as long as it is yours to bear." He then put his hand on Frodo's shoulder, reassuringly.

Aragorn then rises, and kneels in front of him. "By my life or death, I can protect you. I will. You have my sword."

I feel an urge to also help him. "And you have my bow."

I see Gloin's son walk to Frodo and say, "And my Axe!"

Tauriel bolted from her seat, looking like she also wanted to join. I stare at her, my face telling her no, but she is facing Frodo, and doesn't see. "You have my daggers."

But the other eleth jumped from her seat, and joined the group. "I want to join too." Just as Elrond is about to say something, a blond hobbit jumps from a bush, and shouted, "Mr. Frodo isn't going anywhere without me!"

Lord Elrond sighed, looking amused. "No indeed, it is hardly possible to separate you even when he is summoned to a secret council and you are not."

But then, Pippin and Merry emerge from their hiding places, running to the council, and announce, "We're coming too!"

Merry continued, "You'd have to send us home tied up in a sack to stop us!"

Pippin said, "Anyway you need people of intelligence on this sort of mission, quest... thing."

Merry turned to him, and told him, "Well that rules you out Pip." Pippin does not seem to notice the comment.

Elrond turned back to us, and said, "11 companions. So be it. You shall be the Fellowship of the Ring."

Pippin suddenly asks, "Great, where are we going?" Some of us stifle back a laugh, trying to hide it in a cough.