⌜ 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐞 - 𝐛.𝐡 ⌟

1:42am

You woke up with a gasp, sitting up and looking around frantically, making sure that you had only been dreaming.

You had dreamed that you were losing everyone around you. Your parents, friends, everyone.

Everything.

Hot tears began falling down your cheeks, afraid that it would truly happen.
Losing the people you loved was already one of your biggest fears, and your nightmare felt too realistic.

A loud knock on your bedroom window caused you to hurriedly wipe your tears and get out of bed.

You tip-toed to your window and looked through it before opening.

Hayes.

You let out a sigh of relief. He was the one person that you really wanted to see right now.
You opened the window, allowing him into your room.

It was normal to have him at your window night and day. His dad was an awful person, and he always came to you to get away from him. You just always knew how to make him feel better about things.

Hayes gave you a concerned look before going any further into your room.

"What's wrong, Y/N?"
You just shrugged and wiped your tears again, going back to your bed.
He sat beside you, and brought you into his arms.

At that moment, you felt so lucky to have him in your life, and you couldn't imagine what it would be like to have him gone.

That thought made you cry even more.

"Shh.. it's okay..." He whispered, running his fingers through your hair to soothe you.
Sobs raked your body as you gasped for air, slightly embarrassed about crying in front of him. Hayes didn't mind, though. He would do anything to make you feel better, as you always did for him.

You had began to calm down, slowly getting your breath back.
"You're okay.." He reassured, still holding you in a warm embrace.

You then looked up at him, and he gave you a small smile, bringing his thumb up to wipe your tears.

"Wanna talk about it?" He asked quietly.

You hesitated. You didn't want him to think you were so dramatic because of a dream. But that wasn't all. It wasn't just the dream. You worried about losing Hayes, and he was really all you had.

"Just a bad dream." You managed to say through sniffles.
"Aw." He brought you closer, holding you as if it were the last time seeing each other.

"Sorry.. I know that's really dramatic and that was probably the stupidest thing I've ever cried about but-"
"What was it about?"
You looked down. "I was losing everyone. I lost you, and I don't want that to happen-"
"I'm not going anywhere." He tells you, stroking your face.

You give him a small smile, to which he returns. He rests his chin on your head, and butterflies filled your stomach.

He began playing with your hair, which made you feel safe. You didn't know how he did it, guess he just had his ways of making you happy.
Hayes then wrapped his arms back around you, and you lay your head back on his chest.

The two of you stayed in that position for a few minutes until a thought struck you.

"Hayes..?" You looked up.
"Yeah?"
"How come you came here? Did something happen? Did he hurt you again? I mean, I just kinda interrupted that-"

He chuckles, and you give him a confused look.

"No, I just wanted to see you, that's all."