⌜ 𝐛𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐝 - 𝐜.𝐜 ⌟

1:34pm.

You had lived in Castle Rock for about a month now. A few kids had already told you about the juvenile delinquents in the small town. But you still didn't really have friends—well, close ones at least.

Your mother had asked you to take a quick trip downtown to the market to grab some things for dinner that evening.

It was only the afternoon, and you were annoyed as to why your mother couldn't just go herself, but she told you that she had to run some "errands".

You looked down the road and realized that you were still quite far away, and decided to take a shortcut through a back alley.

Sounds of yelling caught you off guard, and you quickly stepped back around the corner, peeking at what was going on.

Three older boys—who seemed to at least 17–were ganging up on a boy. You recognized this boy, he was in one of your classes. You also recognized the older boys, especially the one who was actually hurting him.

Ace Merrill. Blonde hair, bloody cobras tattoo, the switchblade. . . there was no mistaking him for anyone else.

You couldn't seem to remember the other boy's names, but that didn't matter.

Your heart began racing in fear for the boy. Ace and his gang didn't seem to be physically hurting him too badly, but threatening him.

Thinking twice about going over and trying to help, you didn't want to be the one in his position. A wave of guilt flew through your stomach, but you still kept watching in case something really bad happened.

"See you around." Ace then added a few insults before walking away, smirking.

As soon as you figured they were gone, you ran up to the boy who was laying on the ground, bruised badly.

You knelt down next to him, scanning your eyes over his body, looking for any major injuries.
There wasn't too many.

He had a black eye, which was sure going to swell up later. A busted lip, and a few other small bruises and cuts here and there. You lightly shook him by his shoulders.

"Are you okay?" You asked quietly.

He groaned as he slowly sat up, feeling the bumps and bruises on his face.

You then realized what a stupid question that was, of course he wasn't okay.
You shook your head, "Sorry, stupid question."
He still didn't say anything, so you tried your best to make up a conversation.

"They didn't hurt you too bad, did they?"
He shook his head slightly. "No.."

The boy winced again, attempting to stand up before looking at you.
"Need help?"
He nodded, and you grabbed onto his hand, trying to be as gentle with him as possible.

He could barely stand up, and you noticed a few crates stacked in the alley.
"Here," You led him over to them, and he carefully sat down. "wait here."

You ran to the market, forgetting about all the stuff you were to get for dinner, and grabbed some supplies to tend to his wounds.

Running back as quickly as you could, you found him still sitting there with his head down. He hadn't moved a muscle. His looked up at you once you reached him, his blue eyes sparkling in the sunlight.

You handed him the ice pack, to which he just stared at it. You sighed, taking his hand, bringing the ice pack up to his face and placing it by his eye.
"This'll keep the swelling down."

He watched you carefully as you pulled out a few band-aids from the bag, placing them on his cuts. You were almost surprised that he didn't refuse. Instead, he just looked at you.

You stared at his lip, "Put an ice cube on that when you get home. Are you able to walk?"
He brought his hand up to his lip, feeling what happened to it, and he nodded.

The boy began to stand up, and you started to walk away.

"Wait," He called out, and you turned to face him. "what's your name?"
You put your hand above your eyes, blocking out the sun. "Y/N, what about you?"
"Chris." He simply said.
"Cool, see you around."

"Y/N!" He called again. You smiled and shook your head, turning around.
"Hm?"
"Thank you."

You nodded, and walked back to the market, the name Chris repeating in your head over and over again.