⌜ 𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐥 - 𝐣.𝐟 ⌟

You and your best friend Joey were at the Summer fair, an event that you two had been talking about all Summer.

It had begun to get dark, which meant that it was going to be closed soon, and the both of you still hadn't gone on his favourite ride.

"Cmon, Y/N! Please? It's not that bad."
You nervously looked up at the Ferris Wheel, and just looking at it made you feel sick. You hated heights, and Joey knew that.

"I don't feel like throwing up tonight, sorry."
He rolled his eyes. "You won't, cmon."
Joey grabbed your hand and pulled you into the line of people.

"Joey!" You whispered loudly, not wanting to draw attention. "I said I don't want-"
"It's fine, Y/N, it'll be fun."
"It won't be if-"
"Would you shut up about that? You'll be fine, I'll be right next to you."

That sentence made your heart melt. You always had feelings for Joey, you just didn't want to ruin the friendship.

"Fine."

He gave you a big smile, and you two waited in line.
It really wasn't long of a wait. After about five or more minutes, you both gave the man who was running the ride your tickets, and carefully got on.

You put your seatbelts on, and your heart began to beat faster.

The both of you started to go up, and your breath hitched. The ground quickly got farther and farther away.

Your stomach did a flip as it went around once. Joey saw your reaction and grabbed your hand, causing your heart to flutter.

It went around again, and again. Quite slowly, though. And usually when you went on it, it would stop at the top for you to look at the view, and you were almost quite thankful that it wasn't.

That is, until after a few more times around.

"Holy shit-" You kept your eyes forward, not wanting to look down.
Joey laughed quietly and wrapped his arm around you, putting his lips to your ear.
"It's okay, just look at me."

You looked at him, and immediately felt a little better.
"Come on, this is like- the least scary ride we've been on." He told you, and you just looked out at the view, still feeling a bit uneasy about it.

"Guess so." You murmured, considering all the other rides you had went on.

The ride hadn't moved for about a minute, and you were still looking at the view, the tension slowly leaving the situation.

You looked back at Joey, seeing that he had already been looking at you.

Just as you were about to ask him why, his lips met yours.

The kiss was quick, but full of passion. Your eyes went wide, and the two of you pulled away. He immediately looked away.

"Oh my god- I'm sorry-"
You smiled, and kissed him again.

He then smiled, too.
"You're beautiful.." He complimented you quietly, but loud enough for only you to hear.
You ruffled his hair. "You're not too bad yourself."

Joey rolled his eyes playfully, and you rested your head on his shoulder.

The ride began to move again, and you just looked up at the stars while Joey sat there, smiling to himself.