~4~

My first class after lunch was Biology. Yeah, I wasn't very excited.

My mood did a small flip when I walked in and saw Todoroki sitting at once of the tables. Guess we have a class together after all.

I was walking up to the front to talk to the teacher when Todoroki started to squirm in his seat. Somehow I seemed to be the only one to notice. I was a little worried, he looked like he was in pain. Maybe he missed lunch?

"Ah yes, Izuku Midoriya, correct?" The teacher called, grabbing my attention.

"Oh yes, that's me." I answered.

The teacher nodded and pointed to Todoroki's table. "You'll be sitting right there."

I nodded and made my way over. As I got closer, his eyes widened and he moved as far over as the joint table would allow. He was covering his nose, which I only noticed as I got closer.

Did I.... Smell?

I sat down feeling more self conscious than normal, which was saying a lot.

Throughout the class, Todoroki didn't say a single word to me, he barely even looked at me. It was one of the most painfully awkward experiences of my life.

The few seconds before the bell rang, he was already out of his seat and rushing for the door.

I met up with Aoyama outside of the classroom. "How'd it go?" He asked.

I shrugged. "Todoroki is my lab partner."

Aoyama actually froze in the middle of the hallway. He just came to a dead stop. "Are you serious?"

I nodded, not knowing what the big deal was.

My new friend just smiled and shook his head. "Have fun with that. Oh and don't tell Uraraka, she might try to hit you with her car."

Now it was my turn to freeze.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I dropped my bag off when I walked through the front door. It was a long day, even if it went better than expected.

Hisashi walked out of the kitchen just as I was about to walk in, almost resulting in a collision.

"How was the first day?" He asked me after taking a small step back.

"Fine, made some friends. I think."

He nodded at the information absently. "That's good."

We stood in the hallway in silence, unsure of what to say next. I guess this is what happens when you don't see your dad for years.

"Well, I have a lot of homework, so I'm just gonna..."

My father nodded, seemingly relieved at being set free from his parenting duty. "Of course, I'll call you down when dinners done."

I raised an eyebrow at that. "You can't cook?"

We almost always ate out when I busted in the past. Unless he had taken a few cooking classes few years, there was no way he could successfully make us dinner.

"True," he said with a small smile. "But I can grill. Burgers sound good?"

I just nodded and finally retreated back to my room.

Once there, I checked my phone for the first time since I left for school. I had honestly just forgotten about it with all the excitement of the first day.

Mom~
Good luck on the first day! Make sure to call me tonight and tell me all about it! Love you <3

I smiled at the text from my mother, just then realizing how much I missed her. My face changed to one of confusion when I saw that it wasn't the only message I had.