~9~

That weekend I tagged along with my three friends while dress shopping. I wasn't interested that much, so I was mainly just sitting off to the side, giving timid opinions whenever asked.

I dug the scrap of paper out of my pocket to look over the address I already had memorized. This is where I would, hopefully, find my answers. I had a lot riding on that little slip of paper.

With my luck, I'd get to the shop and the book would be gone.

Just the thought nearly gave me an anxiety attack. I was getting antsy sitting in the shop watching Uraraka and Tsu try on dress after dress.

The girls actually managed to get Aoyama in a dress for a few minutes, but his face was bright red the whole time. It seemed doubtful that he'd actually wear one from prom.

It didn't help that a group of guys walked past right as Aoyama walked out of the dressing room and wolf whistled and cat called all three of them. One of them even tapped the glass and winked at me.

I was just trying to read.

Eventually the waiting just became too much for me. "Hey guys, I gotta go pick something up, but I'll meet you at the restaurant, yeah?" I called to them as I headed for the exit.

"Sounds good!" Came Tsu's response.

"Don't take too long, I'm already starving." And that was Uraraka's.

I laughed to myself as I walked out and down the street. Now to not get lost trying to find this book store.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It must have been my lucky day, because I managed to find the bookstore and the book I was looking for.

I hadn't realized how late it had gotten until I was leaving with my purchase and the sun had completely set. I would have to walk to the restaurant in the dark, but it didn't bother me much. It wasn't far and I had found a shortcut earlier when I was googling directions, I just had to cut across a parking lot.

Walking across that parking lot was when my luck seemed to run out.

I heard a shout from behind me. Instinctually, I turned to look. It was the guys that had whistled at me and my friends at the dress shop.

My heart dropped at the sight. I knew this wasn't going to end well.

They had caught sight of me and were calling out, trying to get me to stop. I took a right, thinking I could get out onto the main road up the set of stairs, but I was cut off by another one of the guys, the one that winked at me.

"What's the rush, cutie?" he called down to me, making his way down the steps.

I immediately backtracked, getting back to the parking lot just as the main group caught up to me.

"Your friends were awfully pretty in those dresses," one commented, stepping too close for comfort. "Makes ya wonder what you'd look like in one."

I took a step away from him, only to run into the brunette who winked at me earlier.

"Just relax, have some fun with us," he said to me in a low voice, grabbing onto my shoulders.

I quickly pushed off of him, barely managing to escape his grip. He was stronger than he looked.

"Just leave me alone," I said to them, slowly backing away as they circled me like sharks.

Before the men could say anything else, there were screeching tires and headlights coming from one end of the parking lot. A silver car tore through the lot and nearly plowed through the guys in front of me.

"Get in," a stern voice ordered me. I instantly recognized it as Todoroki as he got out of the car and walked towards the men.

I put my head down and got into Todoroki's car as quickly as my body would allow. I couldn't hear what he did, but I saw the men stumbling to get away from him as he briskly walked back to the car, shut the door, and reversed out of the lot.

He tore through the streets, swerving and narrowly dodging collisions. I had never seen him this angry. Actually, I had never seen him this anything before.

"What- no, how did you find-"

"I should go back and rip their head off," Todoroki sneered, tightening his grip on the steering wheel.

I quickly shook my head as I looked between the road speeding past us and the fuming boy next to me. "No, no, definitely a bad idea."

He slightly shook his head at me. "You don't know the vile, repulsive things they were thinking."

"And you do?" I asked with raised brows.

He was quiet for a few moments before muttering, "Not hard to guess."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked up to the entrance of the restaurant we were supposed to meet at just as my friends walked out.

"Where were you?" Aoyama asked as soon as he spotted me.

"We waited, but I was, like, starving." Uraraka said with a frown as she looked me over.

Tsu shook her head at the brunette while I quietly laughed, but all three of them seemed to get distracted  by something behind me.

That something happened to be Shoto Todoroki getting out of his car and walking up next to me.

"Sorry I kept Midoriya from dinner. We ran into each other and got talking," he said with a small, charming smile. My friends were almost instantly enchanted by his act.

Uraraka nodded, stumbling over her words as she led the other two around us and towards their car. "Oh no- I- we- understand. We're just... leaving, so-"

I was about to take a step to go with them, when Todoroki spoke up again.

"Maybe I should make sure Midoriya gets something to eat."

I looked over at him in surprise.

"If you'd like," he added. "Then I could drive you back."

Aoyama nudged my arm slightly, too slightly for anyone to notice, but somehow I knew Todoroki had. "That's so... thoughtful," the blond said with a small smile.

Uraraka nodded, grabbing Tsu's hand. "So thoughtful."

I stared at Todoroki as he did the same to me, almost as if we were both daring the other to talk. It took a moment, but eventually I said, "I could eat."

I didn't miss the genuine smile on Todoroki's face as he looked away from my friends.