~7~

I didn't see Todoroki for a few days, not until we had a biology field trip.

I was waiting to board the bus when Uraraka came up to me, nervously fidgeting. Being too distracted by the sight of Todoroki for the first time since he saved me, I just wasn't listening to her.

"Do you?"

I finally heard her, looking down. "What?"

"Prom," she said. "Do you wanna go with me?"

I blinked at her in surprise. I had a lot of questions. She was asking me to prom? Why not ask someone she was closer with?

More importantly, Uraraka liked boys?

"I um- prom isn't really my thing, dancing and stuff..."

Her face fell at my words. She probably thought it was her, but it really wasn't.

In a last ditch effort to convince her of that without telling the truth, I lied.

"I'm actually going to be in Tokyo that weekend anyways.o "

She smiled at me, but it still seemed strained.

I really didn't want her to feel bad, which led to the outburst of "You should ask Tsu. I know she wants to go with you."

Uraraka's cheeks turned even more pink and her eyes went wide. She didn't say anything for what felt like five minutes and I was worried I said something wrong.

"You really think?" She finally spoke, her voice fost and her eyes wandering to the green haired girl across the lot.

She sent me a hesitant smile before rushing off and linking arms with Tsu.

I think I did good?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The whole class was walking through a greenhouse, only a handful listening to our instructor.

That's when Todoroki showed  up next to me.

"What's in Tokyo?" He asked, startling me.

I jumped slightly as I turned to him. "What?" I looked around at the other kids around us, not one paying us any mind. "Are you spying on me now?"

He seemed to struggle with the answer, before saying "You didn't answer my question."

I scoffed at his audacity. "Well you never answer any of mine so."

"What do you want to know?"

I looked over at him skeptically. "How'd you stop the van?"

Todoroki had a faint smile on his face as he answered "I had a rush of adrenaline, look it up."

I rolled my eyes at his answer. Bullshit.

"Well-" I started to respond, but I tripped over a crack in the ground.

Todoroki caught me, helping me get my footing. "You could at least watch where you're going." He hissed.

I finally snapped at him, sick of his attitude. "Why didn't you just let the van crush me? Save yourself all this regret."

The outburst shocked him and it took a moment for him to respond. "You think I regret saving you?"

I sighed in annoyance. "It's clear that you do."

"Midoriya! Midoriya! You'll never guess what just happened." Tsu exclaimed while pushing past Todoroki and grabbing my arm. She sent the other boy a questioning look, but chose to ignore him as she led me away.