~6~

The next morning I was just standing by my truck when it happened.

It was still early, so I wasn't in a rush. I shut my door and slung my bag over my shoulder. Looking across the lot, I made direct eye contact with Todoroki.

He was standing by a pack of cars, his siblings with him. Jirou and Shinsou seemed to notice his distraction and both shot glares at me. If looks could kill, I'd be six feet under.

Looks can't kill, but skidding vans coming straight towards me can.

I had about two seconds to react. All I could do was stare and brace myself for impact. But that impact never came.

I watched, wide eyed, as Todoroki suddenly appeared next to me, stopping the van with his bare hand. Before I could even comprehend what had just happened, Todoroki made split second eye contact and then turned and briskly walked away. I didn't have time to call after him before I was bombarded by students trying to make sure I was okay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Izuku? Izuku! Thank God you're okay!" My dad barged into the clinic room I was being checked in and pulled me into a tight hug.

I was at a loss for words. I genuinely didn't know he cared this much. I loosely wrapped my arms around him, not used to the physical affection from him.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I mumbled back to him for reassurance.

He finally pulled away when a tired looking man walked into the room wearing a lab coat. Must be the doctor.

"Heard we had the chief's son in." He said while walking over to me and my dad, holding a clipboard.

"Hello Aizawa." Hisashi greeted while stepping aside so Aizawa could check me over.

The doctor nodded in greeting and started to check me out. He flashed a light in my eyes and did a few other tests before stepping back and writing something on the clipboard.

"No concussion or any visible signs of trauma. You got extremely lucky." He told me, finally looking up.

"It would have been a lot worse if Todoroki wasn't there." I told them honestly, knowing he was Aizawa's son.

My father looked over at the doctor with a questioning look. "Isn't that your boy?"

Aizawa hesitantly nodded, looking at me with concern.

"He stopped the van with his bare hand, it was amazing." I explained to them.

Now my father was the one looking at me with concern while Aizawa seemed very uncomfortable. I kept my mouth shut after that, sensing I said something I shouldn't have.

"Like I said, you're very lucky." Aizawa said with a strained smile as he excused himself.

"Ready to head home?" Hisashi asked, patting my head gently.

I nodded and slowly got to my feet. "D'you tell mom?"

He simply sent me a look that answered my question.

I groaned loudly. "She's probably freaking out right now."

My dad chuckled as he held the door open for me. "She's definitely freaking out right now."

"Not helpful." I said off handedly, my attention going to where I saw Aizawa, Jirou, and Todoroki. They seemed to be arguing in hushed voices over something.

I looked back at my dad, waving him off. "Give me a sec."

He just nodded. He already looked like his mind was somewhere else anyway.