𝐸𝓅𝒾𝓈𝑜𝒹𝑒 𝟩 & 𝟪

Welcome back young traveler, come listen once more to the tale.

Italics = Narration

' ' = Thoughts

»»————- ♔ ————-«« = Scene changes in the chapters/episodes

»»————- ★ ————-«« = Break to next episode/chapter

»»————- ★ ————-««

After letting the bird go, Navier, Eliza, and Laura began to walk back inside of the palace. "Do you think the bird will come visit again?" Navier asked Laura. "I do hope it returns, and with another letter." Laura responded back. Navier smiled at her response. "I should think it will be back, as long as it doesn't lose its way."

"Ahh! My heart is all aflutter from the excitement!" "I wonder whose bird it is!"

Navier walked up to a room, with Eliza and Laura behind her, and opened the door with a click. "...Your majesty?" Sovieshu zoned back in from his thoughts and turned to face Navier. Sovieshu was now wearing a black tie and white suit vest with his other clothes he had on, dressing more professionally from the last time he saw Navier. "Oh, you've returned, empress." Navier was able to point out that Sovieshu was in a lighter mood, which was a bit unusual. "May I ask what brings you here....?" Navier asked.

"I believe Rashta will need a lady-in-waiting." said Sovieshu

Oh.

"But finding a willing noble has been quite difficult."

...And I'd been having such a pleasant day.

"It's a bit obvious they're being cautious since you haven't helped out in searching. So! I would like to request that you could lead the search in finding Rashta her lady-in-waiting."

My chest feels strangely heavy.

Navier looked at Sovieshu and sighed. His mood didn't change at all during the whole thing. He wasn't even serious, he only looked like he was making a request of her and asking her to stick to it. "Very well." Navier agreed. Sovieshu gave her a soft smile and nodded. "Thank you. I appreciate it." Then Navier and her ladies-in-waiting left and the door closed with a click.

Back in her office, Navier told her ladies-in-waiting what she had to do.

"Your majesty!"

"Must you really be the one to find that woman's lady-in-waiting?" fumed one of the ladies-in-waiting. Eliza nodded at the woman's statement and added on. "Why, I heard even his majesty's secretaries have give up." Navier looked down at the table. "Honestly, I don't want to..." Eliza rubbed her temples before speaking, "Then why must the empress personally find a lady-in-waiting for a mere mistress?!" Navier placed her hand under her chin and spoke. "But with how his mood was happier than usual and how insistent he was..."

Ladies-in-waiting are chosen from nobles of the same rank or most rung or two lower. But Rashta is not from a noble family, so it is a breach of etiquette to ask a noblewoman to take on this role. This will be proven difficult...

"..What could I do but agree?" said Navier. "Please send invitations to all the noblewomen and their daughters for a tea party." Navier ordered. She then changed to get ready for the party itself. Putting her hair in a couple of put up braids and the rest of her hair down. She slipped on her slim red dress with a crisp white front and beautiful pearl jewelry to make her outfit come all together.

»»————- ♔ ————-««

People were sent to all the noble houses to give invitations to the noblewomen and their daughters to attend the tea party. "Thank you for the invitation. It's been a while since we've met, and you are just as beautiful as always, your majesty." said a noblewoman with tied up brown hair and wearing a blue dress. "Agreed." said a woman with long black hair and a red dress. "And to what do we owe the pleasure of your invitation to this magnificent tea party?"