Dreaming

I ended the phone call. My mom seemed to be happy that I was spending the night at Jacob's. Maybe she noticed that I was moodier and not going out as much. I felt bad for worrying her, but right now isn't the time for that.

I sped out of the living room to find Jake searching through his movies for something to watch. "Find anything?" I asked, startling him. He jumped a bit, leading me to start laughing. "Oh, you think that's funny, huh?" he teased before tackling me gently onto the couch and tickling me. I then started laughing harder, "Jake, just put something on!" I giggled. He put an end to his torture and grabbed one of the movies he was looking at 'Rush Hour', it was an action comedy. I sat up on the couch while he skipped past the ads and started the movie.

He came over and sat next to me. It was obvious he didn't know whether to put an arm around me or something, so I decided to make the first move. I scooted closer to him and put my head on his shoulder. I felt him look down at me then look back up to the movie. After a second, he put an arm around me. I peered up at his face before directing my attention back to the movie and smiling.

Never in a million years did I expect this to happen. I had a crush on Jacob basically since the first time I met him. This whole situation seems like a dream. Me being 'destined' for my crush, him having feelings for me from the start. It may seem silly, but I pinched myself. Jacob seemed to notice this. "What's up?" he questioned, looking down at my face

I met his eyes. "Just checking if I'm dreaming," I mumbled, embarrassed.

He chuckled deeply. "Trust me, you're not dreaming," Jake assured me sweetly. I smiled at him and cuddled into him deeper, wrapping my arm around his torso. I could feel myself falling asleep in his warmth and eventually drifted off.

The Next Morning

I woke up to a pillow underneath my head and a blanket on me. I drowsily looked around the room to see Jacob sleeping in the recliner next to the couch. I smiled and decided to do something nice for him.

I quietly got up and walked into the kitchen. On the counter there was a note. 'I'm going out. Have fun. Be good. -Billy' I laughed quietly to myself before looking around the kitchen for the supplies I needed. I'm making pancakes for Jake. I mean- that's a girlfriend thing to do, right? Wait- girlfriend? Are we dating? We never confirmed anything last night. I shook the thoughts away and distracted myself by mixing the batter.

I tried my best not to burn anything and set the table, complete with syrup and orange juice. "Y/N? Where are you?" Jacob asked from the living room. "I'm in here, Jake!" I yelled. I heard his footsteps coming and turned around to see a very sleepy Jacob. I smiled. "Ta-da!" I joked, showing off the breakfast I made.

He took a look at everything and grinned before pulling me into a hug, "Thank you." I hugged him back but pulled away, "Hurry up and eat before it gets cold." He put his hands up and sat down at the table while I took the seat across from him.

Now is probably the best time to ask him about... this, whatever it is. I took a deep breath. "Jake, we need to talk." I stated. He looked up at me worried and swallowed the bite he had in his mouth. "About what?" he asked worriedly. I bit my lip before answering. "What this is... What we are." I clarified.

He held a puzzled look before speaking, "Well, I was hoping we could be a couple- If you want of course. I know it all must be sudden to you," he stammered. I reached out and took his hand before he could continue. He stopped and looked up to me. "I would love to be a couple," I admitted, "I was just hoping that's what you wanted."

"Of course, it's what I want. Y/N, you are all I will ever want. As long as I'm with you, I'll be happy," he beamed. This confession made me feel as though I was going to melt under his gaze, but instead I just held a giant smile. I sighed a breath of relief. "Alright, then it's settled, we're dating." I stated, peering back at him, only to see him staring right back at me.

We hung out at the beach for the rest of the day. We just walked around, talked. I loved talking to Jacob as a friend, but now that we're dating it's more meaningful. It feels like he's opening up to me more. He talked about his mom, and how she died. She died in a car accident when he was 10. He had never spoken about her before, so when he told me, I was surprised. I wanted to comfort him, but I didn't know how, so I just hugged him. It seemed to cheer him up.

I also opened up more. We were sitting on a log when I told him more about my dad and my parent's divorce. "Dad was always distant," I told him, "Always out with clients, never really asked about me or how I felt. Whenever he was home, all he did was talk about himself." Jake reached out and grabbed my hand. I looked over to him and smiled before continuing, "He was always close with my mom's best friend. She was like an aunt to me so I never thought much of it, until one day I came home from work early and caught them together." I started choking up but I felt Jacob squeeze my hand so I kept going.

"Apparently my mom knew, but never did anything because she was looking out for me. But as soon as I found out, she filed for divorce and we left. He hasn't contacted me at all, but still sends me money, as if that makes up for what he's done." I finished. "I'm sorry you had to go through that and that you didn't have a Dad you could depend on." Jacob consoled me.

I shook my head, "No, I don't need him. I only need my mom. And you." I said, looking up at him. He looked back at me and smiled softly. I had never felt as connected to someone as I did at that moment. I found myself leaning in, and so did he. I closed my eyes as our lips met softly.

The second they touched, it felt like fireworks went off in my heart. His lips were so warm, so soft, so inviting. I kissed him again and felt him pull me closer. I put my hands around the back of his neck and pulled him in as well. We eventually pulled away from each other and I took a calming breath and smiled to myself. I peeked up at him to see Jacob smiling at me. "I've wanted to do that all day." he breathed. I laughed and pulled him into a hug.

We went back to his house and were sitting on the couch when I remembered the reason I went there in the first place. Bella. I internally groaned before turning to Jake. "Jacob, you need to talk to Bella." I advised.

"What? Why?" he questioned.

"She's worried about you. She was the one who asked me to come over, so I could check on you." I answered.

He looked shocked for a moment before arguing, "Well, I can't tell her. Literally. Sam said we couldn't and I absolutely have to do what he says, even if I don't want to."

I sighed, "Well, try to find a loophole, if you can. Even if you don't want to be with her anymore, you guys are still friends. You owe it to her."

Jacob threw his head back and groaned, "Fine."

"Good." I chirped.

He put his arms around me and pulled my back to him to hug me. I leaned my head back onto his chest and smiled. God, I'm so happy.