The Pack

At the beach

After a short drive to La Push, we finally arrived. As I unbuckled, Jacob jogged quickly to my side of the truck and opened the door. I gave him a quick smile before grabbing his hand and interlocking our fingers. He smiled back at me before starting off towards a group of people sitting on some logs.

I took a deep breath to calm myself down. Noticing this, Jacob squeezed my hand assuringly.

As we walked towards the group I could make out features of people. The group was mostly boys and two girls. The boys all had matching tattoos, along with one of the girls. One of the boys had his arm wrapped around the girl without a tattoo. She seemed to have a large scar across her face but I decided it would be best not to stare or point it out.

As we walked closer to them, their attention shifted to us. When we were close enough, Jacob spoke. "Everybody, this is Y/N, my imprint. Y/N, this is the pack."

I smiled at them as I was greeted.

The first one to do so was the youngest looking one, "Nice to meet you, Y/N! I'm Seth. The youngest, bestest." he stated with a proud look making me laugh.

"Hey, I'm Sam, I'm the leader of the Pack." another man greeted bluntly, holding out a hand to shake, which I took.

The woman standing beside him spoke next, "It's great to finally meet you, Y/N. I'm Sam's imprint, Emily." She then pulled me into a hug, this made me feel more comfortable around the group.

I already knew Quil and Embry, but I was introduced to Paul, Jared, and Leah, Seth's sister.

"I'm happy to finally put a face to the name," said Jared, "Jacob won't shut up about you."

At this comment, Jacob groaned, obviously embarrassed.

"Oh yeah, 'Y/N is so pretty, I can't wait to see her again'," Paul remarked, nudging Jacob.

I laughed and squeezed the hand connecting Jacob and I, "Glad to hear it's all good things. It's great to meet all of you."

We got to talking and pretty soon Quil and Embry started to tease me, "Finally got him, huh, Y/N? We were pretty sure you had given up after Bella had come around."

This comment made me tense up for a moment but I chuckled lightly instead of getting awkward.

"Nah, he's the one who got me," I giggled. Jacob nudged my shoulder with a grin in response.

We all continued talking until it started to get late and a bonfire was started. I had gotten to know the pack pretty well. Paul had a short fuse, Jared was a jokester, Leah was broody but sweet, Seth was innocent and liked to make people smile, Sam was serious but knew how to let go, and Emily was very sweet and motherly. I had gotten the feeling I would be spending a lot of time with her.

I checked the time and it was getting late. I hated to but I had to go. "I should get going, I have school tomorrow," I sighed, "It really was amazing to meet you all."

Emily got up and gave me a hug, "It was great to meet you too," she chirped, "You'll have to come over to my house sometime so we can make some food together."

"Sounds like a plan," I smiled, "I'll have Jacob give me your address and number,"

Saying my goodbyes to the rest of the pack, Jake and I walked to the truck. "The pack is amazing. I can see why you wanted me to meet them," I told him.

"They really are. They loved you. I'm happy you guys get along so well," he commented.

He opened the truck door for me and quickly went to his own side before driving off.

Once we arrived back at my house, Jacob let me out and walked me to the door. We stood in front of the door, procrastinating the goodbye.

"Promise to come see me tomorrow?" Jake asked.

I giggled, "Promise."

He held my hands in his, swinging them. "I had a lot of fun tonight. Thank you."

"No, thank you. I know this meant a lot to you, and it means a lot to me too." I released one of my hands and pulled it up to his face, cupping it.

He smiled at me gently before leaning in slowly, glancing at my lips, asking for permission. I pulled him down, pushing our lips together. I let go of the other hand, cupping his face in both hands. He placed his hands on my hips gently. I smiled before pulling away.

"Goodnight." I whispered.

"Goodnight, Y/N/N." he responded as I went inside, me slowly closing the door.

As soon as it was shut, I leaned up against it.

I would never get used to those kisses.