Dinner

The week leading up to the battle with the newborns was filled with training for the pack, and waiting for Emily and I. Most of the time I spent the night at Emily's house. Without school filling my days, being at home without my mom was getting lonely.

Our days mostly consisted of watching tv, cooking, talking about whatever came to mind. 

Even though we tried our best to keep ourselves occupied, we were both nervous for the outcome of the battle. Sam had told us that newborns were stronger than regular vampires, which did nothing to help our nerves. I know that they can hold their own, but it's still worrying.

The night before the battle, I decided to spend the night at Jacob's house. I practically didn't see him at all the entire week, so I was excited.

I pulled into the driveway and parked my car, Jacob running out to meet me. As soon as I got out of my car, Jacob pulled me into a giant hug, which I quickly reciprocated, inhaling his scent. I let out a sigh of content. As soon as Jake pulled away from the hug, I pulled him back in for a kiss.

"I missed you so much." he sighed as we broke the kiss. "I missed you more." I smiled. He led me into the house, where I was hit with the smell of Billy's cooking.

"Y/N! It's so good to see you." Billy cheered, coming towards us. I gave him a quick hug, "It's great to see you too, Billy." I replied, "What did you make?" Billy went back to the kitchen and I followed. "Burgers and fries. Classic." he stated with a smile. "Can never go wrong with that!" I commented.

Jacob and I set the table and we each got our plates. "So, Y/N, how's Lynn?" Billy asked. "Mom's good. Busy, as always." I answered. "Yeah, she's a hard worker." he replied, "Are you two excited for Senior year?" I looked at Jacob and smiled.

"Yeah, dad. But most of Y/N's friends just graduated, so there's that." Jacob chuckled. "Well come to Forks and I won't be alone!" I laughed. He shook his head, knowing I was joking. I would never expect him to leave his pack. The rest of dinner was filled with casual conversation.

I started clearing the table when Billy interrupted me. "Oh, Y/N you don't have to do that." Billy said. "Oh, it's no big deal. It would be rude not to help." I countered. Billy didn't argue, just shook his head with a smile. "You're too good for Jake." he sighed. "I'm right here!" Jake yelled from his seat. "I know!" Billy laughed back. I laughed along with him.

Once the dishes were put in the sink, Billy went to bed. Jake and I cuddled on the couch and watched a movie. We decided to watch Employee of the Month, something lighthearted to distract us from tomorrow.

"Y/N?" Jacob asked, getting my attention. I looked up from my spot, cuddled into him, "Hmm?" He looked at me with a serious expression on his face. "I love you." he stated. I stared at him for a couple of seconds, processing what he had just said. He grew panicked, "I-" "I love you too." I finally replied. I sat up a bit and pulled him into a kiss. It felt like our first kiss all over again.

We both pulled away, and Jacob let out a sigh. "You had me worried for a second." he chuckled. I giggled, "You should never worry. I will always love you." I cuddled back into him and we watched the movie in comfortable silence. Once the movie was over, we went to his bedroom and layed down. I felt my eyelids become heavy and I drifted off to sleep.

I truly am in love with this boy.