Pizza

Time skip

The week after meeting the pack was exciting, to say the least. I spent most days after school at Emily's. She helped me with my homework and afterwards we would bake and watch movies together. She became the older sister I never had, and never knew I needed.

I talked to her about everything, including things I never told Jacob. I told her about how stressed I was with my family's financial situation, how sad I really was about my relationship with my father, and how insecure I was about Jake and Bella's relationship.

"I know he's my soulmate," I explained meekly, "but there are times I wonder if he would have chosen me if he hadn't imprinted." I sniffled quietly before looking up at Emily

She looked at me with comfort, but not pity, "I understand how you feel, and most imprints feel the same way. The only thing you need to focus on is your relationship with Jacob, and growing it. I know he loves you, more than anything," she comforted, squeezing my hands with her own.

I nodded again, wiping away a tear. "Thank you Emily. I appreciate you being there for me," I spoke again before saying, "I'm gonna go rinse my face, I probably look really puffy right now." I laughed. She smiled before pulling away her hands.

Emily was right. It's silly to think what if, when I have what did.

That night I slept well, tears always did that.

That Friday

I awoke with sunlight in my eyes. Luckily today is a Teacher Development day, so we didn't have school. I stretched before slowly getting up. I walked into the kitchen to a note on the counter.

Y/N,

I didn't wanna wake you, but I'm gonna be on a work trip for a couple days. There's money on the fridge to get whatever food you want. Feel free to spend the night at a friend's house or have a friend over. Just, no funny business. I'm trusting you!

I love you princess

XOXO Mom

I chuckled at the pet name she gave me as a child. She always treated me like her little princess. I took the money off the fridge and contemplated for a bit before deciding what to do.

I walked to the phone and dialed the number I knew by heart by now. The line rang for a couple seconds before someone answered.

"...Hello?" a rough voice answered eventually, a voice I immediately recognized as Jake.

"Hey Jake." I smiled through the phone.

"Hey, Y/N." he answered, noticeably more awake now, it was as if I could see his excitement.

"So, I have the day off, and I was wondering if you wanted to come and watch some movies with me?" I asked hopefully.

"Yes!" he answered quickly,"I mean.. Yeah, of course.."

"Great! Be here in 30 minutes, I'll order some pizza." I sing-songed.

"Perfect. I'll see you soon." he chuckled across the line.

"See you soon." I responded before ending the phone call.

I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth, seeing as it was almost noon, when I looked at myself in the mirror. "I'm a mess," I said to myself, wide eyed in my reflection. Fuck, why did I only give myself 30 minutes?? I quickly brushed my teeth before putting my hair up in a quick ponytail and washing my face.

I sped out of the bathroom into my room. I looked through my dressers to try to find something somewhat decent. I found a pair of sweatpants and tossed them onto my bed. I then rushed to my closet to try to find a shirt to wear.