22. Driving

"Hey, babe! How was the day program?" Harry asked Louis as he opened the door for the elder boy to get in. Louis climbed into the passenger's seat before pushing his backpack off his lap so it falls to the floor of the car. Harry made sure that Louis put on his seat belt before closing the door and walking around the car to get to the driver's seat. When he opened the door to the driver's seat, Louis is sitting there on the driver's seat. 

"What are you doing here, mister? You should be there." Harry chuckled pointing at the passenger's seat. 

"Nuh-uh. Louis wanna drive." Louis stated firmly making Harry smile. 

"I'll tell you what, we can go to my place and I'll let you drive in my front yard, how about that?" Harry suggested. Louis let out a excited cheer before hopping to the passenger's seat. Harry got into the driver's seat and started the car. Louis watched Harry's every move intently for few minutes as Harry drove them home before losing the attention on the matter. 

"Here we are!" Harry said parking the car on the driveway of Louis' and Liam's place. 

"Not going to Harry's place?" Louis asked annoyed. 

"We can go to my place after having lunch and taking a shower, Lou." Harry replied before getting out of the driver's seat. He heard Louis let out a whine of protest as he was closing the door and he knew that trouble is coming. He opened Louis' door and Louis was sitting there with his face red with anger. 

"C'mon, Lou. Just lunch and a quick shower, then we will be at my place." Harry said reasurringly but Louis wasn't buying it. He wanted to go now!

"I want to go now!" Louis replied with a bang of hand on the dashboard.

"C'mon inside." Harry said ignoring Louis' obvious incoming tantrum as he unclipped Louis' seat belt. 

"No!" Louis said arrogantly kicking his legs against the dashboard. He slid down the seat with a whine until he reached the floor of the car and started rocking back and forth after curling himself in the small space there. Harry let out a sigh before closing the door and going into the house to go ask Liam to pack their lunch so they can go to Harry's place. 

"Hey, Li. Louis is having a meltdown, sort of. He's in the car. Can you pack our lunch. He wants to go to my place." Harry said quickly before walking, no, running back to the car, knowing fully well how Louis' small meltdowns excalates into WWIII in no time. 

"We can go now, Lou, c'mon." Harry said opening the door to find Louis still sitting on the floor, rocking back and forth. Harry carefully ran his fingers through Louis' chestnut hair, in hope of helping Louis to calm himself down. Louis almost forcefully brought his breathing to regualte and Harry was so proud of him. 

"LiLi is packing our lunch and when he's done we can go to my place, yeah?" Harry asked lowly, knowing that Louis hates loud noises when he's having a meltdown. Louis soon calmed himself down before getting out of the car and walking into the house with Harry right behind. 

"Hey, Lou! How was today?" Liam who came out of the kitchen with packed lunch asked. 

"I played football." Louis said excited but he sounded tired. 

"That's amazing, babe. Why don't you take a shower first?" Liam asked carefully not wanting Louis to have a meltdown again over the same thing. Surprisingly, Louis said yes and ran up the stairs. 

"Maybe he'll have lunch too." Harry said chuckling. 

"Yeah." Liam shook his head with a chuckle before walking back to the kitchen to place the packed lunch there. Harry figured it'd be better to check on Louis as the boy can get into many accidents in the bathroom.