prologue

heeseunglee just made a post.

seeing the notification that i received, i immediately opened my instagram account to see the photo that heeseung posted. he's wearing a grayish shirt and just by the background i can already say that he's dancing again, a hobby of his.

i let the post for a few minutes before liking it, if i like it instantly he might think that i'm waiting for him to post something which is really true.

"why do you look so unreal?" i mumbled under my breath.

my phone suddenly rang and seeing the name of the guy that i really like showing on the screen made me smile. "you really are my favorite notification"

i answered the call and put it on speaker, "hello, y/n!"

i bit my lips trying to stop myself from squealing. his voice, gosh i missed it "oh hey, hee. why'd you call?"

"can't i call my best friend?" best friend, of course we're just best friends. they said that there's this one rule when having a girl or guy friend, you can't fall in love with your best friend, but guess what i already broke that rule a long time ago. a thing that i should've followed.

"what do you need?" i asked

"nothing, i just called. you know we haven't talk for a few weeks and i missed your voice, well you in general so i decided to call you" i placed my hand on my chest as i closed my eyes. he surely doesn't know how his words affect me.

clearing my throat silently, i thought of changing the topic "school will start again tomorrow, have you seen your schedule?"

he hummed first before speaking, "we're classmates again. i was praying for it even before summer starts. i was like, oh please Lord let me be classmates with y/n again next school year" then he giggled making me smile

"you just want to copy my assignments again, that's why you want us to be classmates" sometimes i feel like he's giving hints or motives and it's honesty not helping, it's making me assume things just like right now he's saying things like that.

"that's kind of true but that's not the real reason" he said

i pressed my lips together and asked, "then...what's the reason?

there's a moment of silence, perhaps he's thinking what to answer to my question which is not really that hard for me, he can just say that he wanted us to be classmates again because of course we're friends. i wonder what's taking him so long to answer.

"i need to go y/n, the studio's closing. sleep early so you won't be late tomorrow but don't forget to eat your dinner first. see yah tomorrow!" he didn't let me say something first and just quickly hung up the call, that's odd because whenever we're on call he wants me to be the one to end the call.

shrugging the thoughts away, i stood up from the couch and went to the kitchen to see if there's something i can eat but unfortunately there's nothing in the fridge except for waters. i better do groceries soon or i'll starve. i just drank a glass of water before heading to my bed.

though heeseung didn't sing me to sleep tonight at least he still called, i will still have a good sleep i guess.

that guy has been my crush since freshman year but i never got the chance to admit it and it's not like i have a plans on admitting it anyway. confessing my feelings for him is so risky, our friendship's on the line. this is much better than not talking to him anymore after a confession.

i started yawning and feeling my eyelids getting heavier so i closed my eyes and momentarily fell asleep.