Twice As Happy

It's been a few weeks since Dylan and I last talked and he hasn't said a word to anyone. Thank god. I was turning 18 in a couple days anyways but there are still rules that are being broken since Adam and I'd relationship began when I was a minor and he's still my teacher.
I was about 7 weeks into my pregnancy. When I had found out about our baby, I was already 4 weeks which I was definitely surprised about. I didn't realize I hadn't had my period in so long.

"Babe? You okay?" Adam snapped me out of my thoughts. We had just pulled up to my parents house. I haven't talked to them in weeks and I was so scared to see them. I had to tell them about my pregnancy even if they weren't happy about my relationship. "Yeah I was just thinking." I respond blandly and get out the car. Adam does the same and we walk up to the door. I ring the doorbell and my mother answers it  instantly. "Y/n, Adam!" She smiled and pulled us both into a tight hug. I missed her so much. "I missed you mama" I kissed her cheek and we walked inside. The house looked different. It was very clean and they definitely did some redecorating.

We all say that the dining room table, Adam ended the awkward silence, "House looks nice" he said looking around. "Thank you. We wanted to change things up." My mom handed us both a glass of wine. I took it into my hand, "Where's dad?" I question and she takes a sip of her wine. "He's on a business trip." She patted my hand. I sigh, "He didn't wanna see me." I set my glass down and Adam takes my hand in his giving me a reassuring smile. "It's a shame because I wanted to tell you both something. But since he's nit here, he can hear it from you." I start, my mom gives me a nervous look and gestures for me to go on. "I'm pregnant mom. We're gonna have a baby!" I announce to her and she breaks down. Adam and I both look at each other nervously and we walk over to my mom to comfort her. She pulled us both into a hug, "I'm so happy for you guys! And I can't wait to be a grandmother." She cries into Adam's shoulder and the warmest smile appears on his face which makes me so happy.

After a minute of hugging we all go into the living room to get more comfortable. "I'm due November 22nd and I have an appointment in a few days." I tell my mom. "That's fantastic honey. But I have something to tell you as well." She gets more serious. She sighs and places her hand on my leg, "Your father isn't on a business trip, him and I have decided to split up and he's gone. I don't know where but he hasn't been home in weeks." She breaks the news to me and I'm honestly not surprised. Still upset though. Even though my dad could be hard on me and even my mom, I loved having my parents together. "I'm so sorry mama" I hug her and she shrugs her shoulders, "It's for the best"

~

Today Adam and I were finding out the gender of our baby and he was beyond excited. He been literally praying at night for a boy. It was the cutest thing. We were driving to the doctors office now and I was an equal mix of excited and nervous. I didn't want something to be wrong but I tried to think positive. "I've been waiting for this day for what feels like forever" Adam breaks me out of my thoughts. I laugh at him, "Yeah I know". As we pull into the parking lot I get even more nervous. I felt like something was going to happen but I didn't know what.

We both walked inside and I checked myself in while Adam grabbed a book they had out on the table and skimmed through it. "'How to Raise Kids Who Aren't...Assholes?'" I question Adam reading the book title out loud and he simply nods. "Ms. Y/l/n" a woman calls out and we both get up and head into a small room with an ultrasound machine. She asks me a few questions and she gets straight to business. He puts the cool gel on my stomach and it felt so nice. "Alrighty...you are 8 weeks into your pregnancy. Babies are looking great, perfect size." My face drops in shock. "Twins!?" Adam and I both question at the same time. She looks at us both with wide eyes, "Y-yes twins. I'm sorry, I thought you knew" she laughed it off and cleaned me up. "It's too early to tell the genders but in about a month, when you come back I'll be able to tell you." She smiled. "I'll schedule you an appointment right now and come back with a day and time." She walks out the room.

"Twins...TWINS!" Adam grabs me up from the table and hugs me tightly, kissing me a whole bunch. I knew this appointment would be something special, "I can't believe this, but I'm so excited" I squeal and the doctor comes back in. "Celebrating I see" she laughs and hands me a paper with my next appointment date and time.

~

I told my mom and Rose the big news and they were ecstatic. I'm so happy to have people who support me and are happy for me. Adam called all his best friends and parents to tell them the news and they were just as excited. Especially his best friend Charlie. He was all like "IM GONNA BE AN UNCLE, TWICE!" Yelling into the phone.

I plopped down onto the living room couch and turned on Greys Anatomy. "Scooch" Adam lightly shoves me and sits next to me placing my legs along his lap. He looked at me pushing a piece of hair behind my ear, "You make me so happy. I love you." He kissed me and I kissed back. "I love you more"