Chapter 4

🎧| Home - Machine Gun Kelly, X Ambassadors, Bebe Rexha

Harry's POV

"So, lemme get this straight," I cackled at Zayn, nearly choking on my water, "you fucked Esther the night of the event and then got back to the hotel and fucked a guy afterwards too?"

"Harry, shut the fuck up please," Zayn groaned, his head slumped on the counter. It was the morning after I'd accompanied Aurie back to her hotel after the Etro show and Zayn and I were exchanging details on our nights yesterday.

Since he'd seemed to be a bit suspiciously busy to say the least...

"You're fucking lucky," I commented in awe, "managed to do both teams in one night."

"Oh please," Zayn said, lifting his head up, "by the way you and Aurelie have been acting, you could convince her to have a threesome with another guy and she wouldn't even bat an eyelid."

"Don't twist this onto me," I countered, throwing an ice cube at him, aiming for his dick.

"You fucker," he swore at me when it hit him right on his crotch area, making me laugh out loud obnoxiously.

"And mark my words," Zayn said as he wiped the front area of his sweatpants, "that girl is dumbstruck for you. Same goes for you too, actually. I've never seen-"

"Stop speaking about her like that," I interrupted him, "she's more intelligent than she shows."

"See what I mean," he mumbled at me, his face bemused, "you're proving my point."

"No, listen," I told him, "she's really not like that, Zayn. You can tell she's hiding a lot of shit. She jokes around with me and she might find me attractive but that's about it."

"Can't blame her," he sighed, reflecting on my words, "we all have secrets, innit?"

He carried on speaking when he realised I was quiet, trying to reassure me.

"Anyways, it's probably for the best if she's not getting close to you. We can't really afford girlfriends this year, mate."

"That much is obvious," I agreed with him, chugging down the rest of my glass of water.

I'd met this girl two weeks ago and she'd already been inhabiting too much space in my mind. Sighing, I rubbed my face in tiredness, getting ready before I had to catch a taxi to one of my fittings.

***

"I don't understand how you like this place," I told Esther in disbelief as we walked down the streets of New York, coffees in our hand. Even though this part of America was new to me, I already knew I hated it.

"I love the rush of everything," she laughed, her face flinching as soon as she said that at the obnoxious beeps of a car speeding past us.

"You wanna reconsider that statement?" I said, not bothering to stifle my laughter as she raised her middle finger to the guy in the car even though he was long gone.

"Nope," she grinned, "my favourite place to stay in for Fashion Week will always be New York. Though the food in Milan is fucking amazing."

"I'm a picky eater," I told her bluntly.

"There's no way you can hate pizza and pasta."

"Well no, of course not."

"Good because I'm making Aurelie bring you to all the best restaurants there."

Speaking of her, I glanced at my phone to check the time Zayn and Aurie got off the runway. Esther and I often hung out while we both didn't have a show scheduled; she was a genuine friend to have around.