Chapter 11

🎧| Dandelions - Ruth B.

Aurie's POV

Hope went to her room about an hour after being absolutely radiant that Harry had finally succumbed to her wishes. The apartments she showed me were beautiful and I could tell how excited she was to move in with her boyfriend. I had only known her for less than a day but her happiness was so contagious that I could tell why Harry cared for her so much. She was so pure and her personality was so bubbly and comforting.

Zayn had gone out to smoke downstairs, leaving Harry and I alone together in the living room. He'd popped open a bottle of wine and now we were sitting across from each other on the carpet, wine glasses in our hands.

I was close to finishing my second glass and I could feel it in my body. Red wine didn't make me exactly drunk but I felt quite fuzzy and warm. The tipsiness was there though because I felt very light and I was giggling more than usual.

For the last ten minutes, he'd been trying to guess where I was from. He was doing a terrible job but it was too funny to me and I didn't want to discourage him.

"Okay," Harry pieced together, "so you were born in one country but then moved to another?"

"Exactly," I giggled, lifting my hands up to poke his dimple. When he sent me a funny look, I leaned our heads forward, lowering my voice as if I were gonna confess a deathly secret.

"I've always wanted to do that," I whispered, pulling back so I could stifle another giggle.

"I don't mind," he laughed, his dimple getting deeper as he smiled at me. He was so pretty, his rare smiles always threw me off guard.

"Okay, okay," I said, "we're getting off track. Lemme give you a clue. I know French."

"Oh easy," he deadpanned, "you're French."

"Nope," I said matter-of-factly, a smug smirk appearing on my face when I proved him wrong. "I was actually born in Spain but I didn't live there."

"So how do you know French then?" he groaned, as if it was impossible to figure out.

"Think, Styles," I laughed, "there are French speaking countries, you know?"

"Okay... Monaco?"

"Yes!" I squealed in a bit too much excitement, rocking my wine glass a bit too hard. Nothing overflowed but it was very close to staining my blue dress which would've been a shame considering this one wasn't burrowed and I'd actually bought it.

"Be careful, baby," Harry chuckled, saying it so naturally that he hadn't even realised.

Baby.

Not only would he warm my heart whenever he called me that, he also made me feel very inappropriate emotions.

It didn't help that my senses were already mashed together right now and although I was in full control of my actions, I was feeling a bit more brave than usual right now.

Harry was sitting cross-legged in front of me but since I didn't have that option unless I wanted to flash him my lace underwear, I resorted to sitting on my knees.

We were both aware of how short my dress and although I wouldn't dare change my position, part of me secretly wanted to. Harry placed his glass on the coffee table beside me, watching me with a sinful yet attentive look in his eyes. He was making me feel like a deer in headlights right now yet somehow the vulnerability was turning me on.

"Stop looking at me like that," I murmured, my voice not projected as loud as it had been a few minutes ago.

"Like what, sweetheart?" he asked me in mock innocence, his voice deeper now. I didn't want to be the first one to break our intense eye contact but I was having difficulty upholding it without blushing.