Chapter 8

🎧 | Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart - Ariana Grande 

Harry's POV

I'd brought Aurie to an abandoned park I used to visit at night when I first started off in the Mafia. My first assignment had been in London with Zayn and we'd frequently visited this place to smoke and talk in peace. Although the park was in the heart of the city, the eerie atmosphere put many people off but I was used to it.

I hope Aurelie wouldn't freak out though. That would severely backfire on me.

The area was mostly empty; there were a pair of swings and a huge, eroded fountain in the center of the park. Despite its antique appearance, it was still running and the noise of the water was a faint rush accompanying the silence.

"Oh my god, it's so quiet," she smiled, "it's creepy as fuck but I love it."

"Really?" I probed, letting out an internal sigh of relief.

"Yeah," she nodded, reaching the swings and sitting on one. The streetlamps illuminated our figures and cast a reflection of the moon in the fountain's water.

I sat on the swing beside hers, watching her exhilarated face contently. She seemed so carefree and young as she kicked the grass underneath with her white boots, gaining some momentum .

Turning to me, she cocked her head curiously, her eyes laced with interest.

"Tell me something, Harry..." she requested and my heart skipped a beat at the way she said my name. "What makes you happy?"

Fuck, my name sounded so right coming from her and I wanted her to say it again. The question also had caught me off guard and I didn't think before answering her automatically.

"My sister, Hope."

She smiled softly at me and her next words were so sympathetic and gentle that I thought I hadn't heard her right at first.

"You must care for her a lot. I think she's lucky to have you."

My body froze at her words and I stopped twisting my rings, turning to face her in a moment of pure astonishment and disbelief.

"No one's ever told me that," I said truthfully, my voice near shaking as I ran a hand through my hair. I needed to pull myself together right now, I was letting my emotions get the best of me.

"I mean it," she said earnestly, "anyone can tell that you love her from the way you talk about her."

Leaving me to my own racing thoughts, I heard Aurie exhale calmly, watching the fountain trickle in front of us. Sometimes, she seemed so troubled and I could tell from her eyes. They were a pretty, pale blue shade yet they held so much sadness at times. It predominantly showed when she thought no one was watching.

It was sick and twisted really...

How the beauty in life could hold the most pain at times.

An example was love. It seemed like the most glamorous thing in life yet the heartbreak that followed caused the most venomous harm to a person.

Wanting to distract her from the plague of whatever was running through her mind, I surprised myself as well when I spoke up.

"My sister's eighteen," I told her quickly, trying not think about how I would never share this with others. My sister was a personal part of my life that not many people knew about - except Zayn obviously.

However, Aurie's aura made me feel as though I could trust her. Something about her personality made me feel comfortable. She wasn't fake and even though she was clearly hiding a lot, it wasn't in a malicious way.