Carnival of Sorrow

Barry's POV

"Barry, Barry, Barr! Wake up!" Someone yelled but even so, it still sounded soothing and so soft. I then got splashed with an enormous amount of water, well, it wasn't "enormous" per se, but it made shivers down my spine and I got up in a flash.

"I'm up, I'm up!" I responded with haste. Laughter erupted in an instant as I saw Kara in my room holding an empty glass with a few water drops inside, "Kara! How did you even get in?" I said, shocked but smiling and happy nevertheless, "And please never do that again!"

"I'm sor- I- I'm sorry." She apologized, still cry-laughing in between her words. I should be getting angry with her, but her smile and her cute and adorable laugh just makes it so dang hard. She pushed her glasses up and wiped her eyes after having a hard time breathing and catching her breath, "Iris lent me your spare keys, I'm sorry for that, I really am, but you gotta get up, the carnival is starting soon!"

"What carnival?" I asked, not having to remember any 'carnivals' starting soon.

"The one with all the games, prizes, stuffed toys, food, mmm... food..." She drooled at the end of the sentence.

"Is there pizza?"

"Why would you be looking for pizza if there's potstickers?" She argued.

"Potstickers are good but pizza is better." I replied.

"What did you say?" Her eyes squinted a little and I could see a slight indication of annoyance on her mouth.

"Pizza is better..." I said again with worry.

"You take that back!" She raised her voice.

"Relax, it's just my opinion." I replied softly.

"Well, you're going to change that opinion right now!"

I smiled and chuckled slightly as I knew there was no way out of this, "You know what? I'm changing it just for you." I said and a massive grin appeared on her face.

"Will you two just please kiss already!" A voice familiar boomed in the background turning my head to the origin, I saw Iris just standing smugly in the corner of the room.

I yelped, "Would you guys please stop scaring me!" Still blushing from the comment. I turned to face Kara fiddling with her glasses and I think she was dipping her head down trying to hide her very prominent blush, 'she is really cute'  I thought in my head. I was surprised, I didn't know I would have become this close to her in such a short period of time.

"So... are you going to get ready?" Kara anxiously begged.

"Right, sorry, sorry."

•••••

Kara's POV

Barry and I were walking together through the crowds, Iris headed off to somewhere else, a place with lots of boys I think. Anyways, we stumbled upon one of the many claw-machines, one apparently caught the attention of Barry. He suddenly stopped in his tracks to inspect the item, he had a face of sorrow and slight anger when he looked at it. I looked over to its logo, it had a yellow circle with a red lightning striking through it with the name 'DEATHGRIPPERZZ' yes, double z's, weird.

"Barry, are you okay?" I asked concerned for my friend and, by time, hopefully more than.

"I- I umm- I have to go." He shivered, leaving me behind in a state of worry and concern.

"Barry, Barry wait!" I yelled without getting a reply as I ran and slip through the crushing - well not for me - crowd in a hurry.

Barry's POV

I had a lot of time to get over and accept that they're not and most likely won't ever be in my life anymore. But, it still hurts like crap. I ran out from the carnival to get away from all the sounds and flashing lights and which I then found a place that overlooked some bumpy hills and mountains, it's a lot calmer in here, "I miss you, mom." I said softly to myself.

"Barry? Barry! You shouldn't be getting out here alone you know? You could've gotten lost." I turned at the first call to look at Kara worried to hell looking for me.

"You could've gotten lost." I replied calmly with a chuckle. She gave me that 'for real?' glare but with a hint of worry and folded her arms as I realized this probably wasn't the best time for cracking a joke.

"Right, sorry." I apologized scratching my neck in nervousness.

"Barry, I'm worried, you never had that look on your face before." She said with a face of concern

3rd Person POV

"Because, there hadn't been anything that could remind me of 'it'." He muttered but Kara could pick it up, one of the many perks of being a Kryptonian.

She could feel the fear and sadness radiating off of him, and on the spur of the moment she grabbed his hands, gently squeezing it for comfort and assurance, "You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to."

"But I do." He softly smiled at the touch of her. He sighed and inhaled trying to compose himself into telling her, "When I was eleven, my mother was killed by something so fast, it looked like blur, but inside that blur, I caught a glimpse of a man, a man in yellow, I shouted and cried for help only to be blocks away from my house in just mere milliseconds. When I got back, all I saw was my dad being dragged into a cop car, he told me to not go in the house but me being me did the exact opposite. I came back into the house, people flooding it, and then I saw my mom, covered in a sheet soaked in her own blood." He struggled to keep himself composed, his breath hitched every once in a while, "I know you probably won't believe me, hell, the closest thing I have to family doesn't ev-"

Kara quickly enveloped him in a hug, on the verge of tears just listening to her friend's backstory, "Barry stop, I believe you, I'll aways believe you." She responded hastily, "I'm here for you, okay? Always."